X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Broken crybaby 535Q PLEASE HELP!!

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
    Did you get it around the right way ?

If you mean does everyhting hook up like it should, and are the caps going from negative to positive, then yes. Still no sound.

Comment

The first of the 6 pegs on the switch appears to not be continuous.. could this be it? I don't see anything else, but all the other 5 pins on that switch work.

Comment

SON OF A B___!!! That first pin is the "effected signal" pin! That's why it works "clean" (off), but not when kicked on... Well, guess it's good I ordered another one from China bout a week ago... Could be herer anytime between now and December 28... -_-

Comment

So I found a 3ptd switch from the boost on a pedal I don't use, and am trying to figure out which wires to solder to which pins on the switch... Just like the previous pictures show, there's 6 wires... a red one, green one, dark purple one, light purple one, white one, and a black one, in that order. Anyone know how I would wire these to my 3dpt switch? Also, the swtich is soldered to a small pcb. Do I need to try to desolder it, or if I solder directly to the pins, should I be okay? Thank you for any replies.

Comment

The multimeter setting is not for continuity test. Set the dial to point to hFE mark,when you touch the leads to each other you will get a buzzer sound from the multimeter indicating continuity. Or set it to ohm meter reading, when the leads touch eacxh other the readingwill be shown as zero(or zero error).

Do that & reply back with the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
              The multimeter setting is not for continuity test. Set the dial to point to hFE mark,when you touch the leads to each other you will get a buzzer sound from the multimeter indicating continuity. Or set it to ohm meter reading, when the leads touch eacxh other the readingwill be shown as zero(or zero error).

Do that & reply back with the results.
              I did the ohm method. Everything I tested showed as 0.00, save for the bottm left lead on the 3pdt, which I found controlls the attatched LED.

Comment

I believe I know how to solder to the 3PDT, but the color codes of the wires on the 535q are unique. I need to know which is which to make the proper connections, and I don't know how to figure that out. I've already tried 2 arrangements of the wires... the first gave a really low, dry output, while the second killed all signal... :/
                Last edited by EuphoriX; 11-13-2015, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EuphoriX View Post
                  I did the ohm method. Everything I tested showed as 0.00, save for the bottm left lead on the 3pdt, which I found controlls the attatched LED.
                  Are you sure you changed the dial from the diode position in the pic you posted to the new ohm range towards the left? Just checking.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
                    Are you sure you changed the dial from the diode position in the pic you posted to the new ohm range towards the left? Just checking.
                    Yes. I changed it to 200k ohms.. this is also how I tested my capacitors before.

Comment

Here's my salvaged 3PDT switch, by the way. http://postimg.org/image/h863rw463/. As you can see, it's attached (pretty firmly) to a PCB, and has an LED on the side.(that white tube). I tried soldering to the 6 leads at the end, but I ha e no idea where each lead goes, nor do I know which wire to solder to which lead. I am in desperate need of better experience.

Comment

Thats some awful soldering job on the blue switch, no offense intended btw. Looks like you pulled out the wires from the plastic connector that they were using before with the old switch. That replace switch looks just like the stuff they use in joyo stuff btw.

I think its time to drop the diy approach & take it in for repairs, this thing now needs direct experienced tlc, its less than an hour job too for someone else.
                        Last edited by Hank-; 11-13-2015, 12:30 AM.

Comment

1, yeah I didn't really have a choice with the soldering looking like that. But I'm not proud of it. 2, I live in a super remote area and go to a college where there's not likely to be anyone who can fix this. I really need to know which wire colors are which. The 535q and cgb-95 have different wire colors, and I need to find out how to find out which color code is which wire. I don't know how long it'll be before I can take it to a more experienced tech, but darn if I'm not gonna try my best to do all I can with it while I wait.

Comment

And you're right... That switch is from a Joyo extreme metal pedal.

Comment

Okay i did a quick forum search to see if something like this had happened to anyone else. Here's what i found

I dont think the switch needed replacing since it worked fine before the inductor/cap change. The pcb connected to the switch is probably different design than the joyo pcb, so it may not work here. For replacing the switch you need to desolder it from the small pcb, which is not easy. Hence i didnt post about it earlier cause you might ruin it trying to pry it out the wrong way.

Put the old switch back in, reconnect it correctly then turn your attention back to the inductor & cap job. When checking the input & output sockets for continuity, do it with cables plugged in them & check at the plug ends of both cables.

Again, dont attempt to remove the switch from the small board itself, you will mostly end up ruining it. The problem is still the cap job i think since the old inductor also no longer works.

Comment

You could send it to me if possible. I am an electronics technician and I could fix this for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X