banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend me a Distortion pedal please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommend me a Distortion pedal please....

Originally posted by Kam View Post
    Yeah, the Rat will work as a great pedal on its own or as a boost to thicken up a gainy tone and add a bit of hair. It's definitely one of my favourite pedals. I have an old USA-made one but without the lm308. For what it's worth, I've compared it to one that does have the chip and I found the difference to be negligible.
    I haven't tried the two together but I doubt 99% of us would be able to point out which one was the vintage and which one was modern in a blindfold test.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
      I haven't tried the two together but I doubt 99% of us would be able to point out which one was the vintage and which one was modern in a blindfold test.
      I *could* tell that they're slightly different, and how different, but I wouldn't be able to tell which is the vintage.
      Originally posted by Myaccount876
      Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer250 View Post
        I *could* tell that they're slightly different, and how different, but I wouldn't be able to tell which is the vintage.
        You would

totally jk! lol

How would you describe the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
          You would

totally jk! lol

How would you describe the difference?
          One is sharper/edgier than the other, and the other is slightly woolier and thicker (slightly)
          Think JB with A5 vs JB with RCA5

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Myaccount876
          Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Working...
          X