X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThisDyingSoul76
    replied
    Re: Favorite cheap Tube Screamer based OD

Marshall Guv'nor Plus or Jackhammer pedals are pretty much a Marshall in a box. I would recommend modding them for true bypass. There are other mods available to change the voicing of the EQ for these pedals.

I recently got the Guv'nor Plus and while I find in stock form it's a tone sucker and a bit dark, the EQ mod is very simple. The pedal actually has a lot of potential.

Leave a comment:

• bloodswords
    replied

This one worked for me

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    I picked up a TS-7 at a yard sale a year or so back for $20. It has the "hot" switch and everything. Does that qualify?
    See post #3

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

I picked up a TS-7 at a yard sale a year or so back for $20. It has the "hot" switch and everything. Does that qualify?

Leave a comment:

• King IzzO)))
    replied

The east river drive is great. Less nasal than my 80's MIJ TS9. The SD-1 and MXR pedals are solid choices too, but I prefer the erd myself. I've had all three.

Leave a comment:

• ThisDyingSoul76
    replied

If you can find any of the visual sound V1 or V2 series OD's on the used market, I highly recommend them. The Route 808 is the standalone OD based on a TS808 with more output, a better buffer and a bass boost. The Double a Trouble is 2 Route 808 circuits in a double pedal. There is also the Jekyl and Hyde that pairs this circuit with a distortion and the Route 66 that pairs it with a compressor. There is also the Open Road which is more amp like and doesn't have the mid bump of a TS.

The V3 series is also good, but more expensive.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

Originally posted by NotCardio View Post
    Anybody used one?
    Sounds better than I would have thought:

Leave a comment:

• devastone
    replied

Another vote for the SD-1, I like the asymmetrical clipping a little better too, the 4558 chip is stock in them FWIW.

Leave a comment:

• NotCardio
    replied

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    You mean the 805 Overdrive? I think the OP said 'cheap', although if that word weren't there, the 805 would be my choice.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. The only thing worse than my vision is my typing.

Leave a comment:

• NotCardio
    replied

Originally posted by chadd View Post
    Jet Driver is the Stupid Deal of the Day for $50
    Anybody used one?

Leave a comment:

• chadd
    replied

Jet Driver is the Stupid Deal of the Day for $50

Leave a comment:

• TRex
    replied

How come no mention of the SD 808?
    The word cheap...haha

Bad monkey, Joyo, and SD-1 are in my price range. Under $60 would be best.
    Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
    +1. I LOVE my TS808...but I still have my SD-1 just incase. For less than half the price its a no-brainer. I like it much better than a TS-7 and you can find them used for dirt cheap.

Also, anyone who complains about a buffered pedal ruining their tone doesn't have it dialed in good enough to begin with. Like you said, noticeable, but barely and rarely in band context
    I'll have to try one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

You mean the 805 Overdrive? I think the OP said 'cheap', although if that word weren't there, the 805 would be my choice.

Leave a comment:

• Kamanda~SD
    replied

Originally posted by jimijames View Post
    So if you want a lead boost, it's hard to do better than the boss sd-1 at any price point.

Rock solid construction, no-pop buffered switching, it adds some compression and cuts some bass so in a mix it really pushes you to the front. Through a Marshall it's magic.

People will deride it for the boss buffer (which doesn't sound great at bedroom levels but at stage volumes is hardly noticeable) but IMO even stock (they're also highly moddable btw) it's one of the best solo boost pedals out there period.
    +1. I LOVE my TS808...but I still have my SD-1 just incase. For less than half the price its a no-brainer. I like it much better than a TS-7 and you can find them used for dirt cheap.

Also, anyone who complains about a buffered pedal ruining their tone doesn't have it dialed in good enough to begin with. Like you said, noticeable, but barely and rarely in band context

Leave a comment:

• NotCardio
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X