banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NPD so I told myself I wouldn't do it but I did...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD so I told myself I wouldn't do it but I did...

I got a delay pedal...

Top right (damn picture rotation), it's a Boss dd7. I used my old DS1 I had lying around and tried to Tetris my way into creating more pedalboard space. I used some of my remaining George L cable length and somehow pulled it off.

I had 50 dollars store credit at guitar center from a birthday gift card and found the dd7 for 80 bucks. JUST TO HAVE ONE I had to get it. So I did, and now I look at it like a caveman looks at fire. This thing is going to take some getting used to.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151121_094725.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	5839165
    Good news is that this means I don't have to get the new mini bass wah to make more room.

The chain goes
    Bass
    Tuner
    Compressor
    Whammy
    Fuzz
    Wah
    Phaser
    DI/distortion
    Delay
    Amp
    Last edited by Falloffthebonetone; 11-21-2015, 11:01 PM.

Re: NPD so I told myself I wouldn't do it but I did...

I would use something like that at the end of my pedal run and send the signals to two different half stacks.

Comment

Once you've tried fire it's hard to go back to raw food.
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

How do you use delay with bass?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          How do you use delay with bass?
          Same way you do with guitar, but much more of a sometimes snack. A lot of modern prog and jazz players find uses for it on bass, and it comes in handy during ambient lines and very rhythmic songs. I also play guitar and use this same board, so it is for both really.

Comment

Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
            Same way you do with guitar, but much more of a sometimes snack. A lot of modern prog and jazz players find uses for it on bass, and it comes in handy during ambient lines and very rhythmic songs. I also play guitar and use this same board, so it is for both really.
            Cool! (I meant literally "you", what is your technique)
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              Cool! (I meant literally "you", what is your technique)
              Oh sorry! Nothing much yet. I guess you could say I'm still trying to find my technique. I like setting it to be very subtle so it behaves similarly to a reverb. while also using the modulation mode as a back-up chorus since my whammy pedal is where I usually get my chorus with the detune mode. This way I don't have to bend down and change it and I don't have to get an external control for it. I want to start experimenting with incorporating the actual digital and analog delay modes more into songwriting as well as the loop function, but that is going to take a lot of using it during whole band practice with a click to get just right.

I have always loved how it was incorporated on bass in "The Happiest Days of Our Lives" where Roger Waters would use it to cascade rhythms during open parts while abruptly switching between having it on and off. I also like the way Justin Chancellor uses it in intro to "the Grudge." It really helps give each of the songs a lot of space and ambiance that wouldn't sound right without it after hearing it with it.

Comment

Working...
              X