Unusual pedal mod - suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual pedal mod - suggestions?

This is purely aesthetic. However - it is part of the whole Mojo.

I need to create a "purple" LED kind of glow under an Ibanez 9 series pedal.

Kind of like the pedal is maybe a quarter of an inch off the ground, but with a strip of light between the pedal and the ground. All around it….or under it. Or something.

Also - are there Purple LEDs?

What could I do?
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Unusual pedal mod - suggestions?

Self adhesive purple LED strip lights, like they use for cars. They come in both waterproof and non-waterproof. The non waterproof are thinner ... like these http://www.amazon.com/Best-Fit-Non-W...non+waterproof

They run 3 led's per circuit with built in resistors. So you can do 3, 6, 9 etc. whatever fits under the pedal. You could use something as a spacer on the bottom of the pedal stuck with that 3m adhesive tape that holds 20 or 30 pounds. Maybe a thin piece of wood, Masonite or aluminum. Leave enough pedal around the spacer to stick the LED light strips. Velcro the spacer to the board.

The LED's run off 12Vdc so if your supply has a 12V outlet, you'd be set as long as you stayed under the current capacity of your power supply. Shouldn't be a problem, you would only need a few led's. They would probably run off 9Vdc but at lower brightness. Or, run off a separate wall wart.

Comment

A single led and a pedal size piece of lexan or clear acrylic
      A single led centered
      Glow will follow the lexan toothed edge

Colored lexan and a white led will produce whatever color the lexan is
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Google search, all kinds of options from running it off it's own 120v circuit to running it on DC.
        I'd personally take the 120v rope lights and build a small board just for the pedal ,paint it black and mount the neons to the board and sit the pedal on it or slightly in it..
        That should give the desired effect..

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
          They would probably run off 9Vdc but at lower brightness. Or, run off a separate wall wart.
          there is an option 3 well.. if there is enough room in the pedal casing.. make a small circuit board that ups 9vdc to 12vdc

I broke out my electronic books last night.. shouldnt be to hard.. voltage doubler or a dc to dc converter circuit..not super complex but probably not what the op had in mind..

Might have to break out the NI Circuit Design Suite 11.0 or PSpice program... been 5 years since i used them but this will let me know if the circuit would work w/o building it..

edit>> meant to adds would only need to up the voltage is using one of those strips.. if using single LED.. could still use a 9vdc source
          Last edited by Brandenburg; 11-30-2015, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Do you want it on all the time? Just get some LED strips, if your real fancy you can have it glow different colours if you want.
            TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman
              This is purely aesthetic. However - it is part of the whole Mojo.

I need to create a "purple" LED kind of glow under an Ibanez 9 series pedal.

Kind of like the pedal is maybe a quarter of an inch off the ground, but with a strip of light between the pedal and the ground. All around it….or under it. Or something.

Also - are there Purple LEDs?

What could I do?

Yes, there are purple LEDs. I've built a few pedals with purple LEDs. I think this video is what you want to do:

Now pimp thine pedal, sir.

*reposted as for some reason this thread was in the pickup lounge as well.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
              X