Favorite Stacked Boost/OD/Distortion Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Stacked Boost/OD/Distortion Pedals

What is your favorite set of stacked boost/OD/Distortion pedals?

Re: Favorite Stacked Boost/OD/Distortion Pedals

I could never get any of my pedals to stack well. No matter how hard I tried, they just kept falling down.

Comment

This
      Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5555.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	5789343

Comment

Tubescreamer into anything.
        Originally posted by Myaccount876
        Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

OKKO Diablo Gain +, because of the nearly tube channel overdrive sound (because of JFETs), but recently I discovered that all you need to have great distorted sound is to have MV on 1959 Marshall, no OD pedals at all.
          Need of FUZZ ?
          Need of CENTAUR ?

Comment

For my last round of reamping I stacked a Bogner Uberschall or Empress Heavy with a Bogner Harlow.
            I love stacking just about anything with the z.vex SHO.
            And the BB Preamp also stacks really well with other gain/boost pedals.
            You didn't mention fuzz pedals but I also love stacking those with a character boost, namely either the SHO or Catalinbread Naga Viper.
            My other boosts (Thundertomate, Analogman, Greer) are usually used to push an amp into crunch mode on their own.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I don't typically stack pedals since I prefer an overdriven amp (usually with a boost) instead. The one exception I make is with fuzz pedals that tend to be scooped, like my Homebrew UFO or various Big Muff/clones. I like to boost these with a tube screamer as the extra mids fill out the sound and really help it cut through.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

The 805 Overdrive into the Dirty Deed, of course! Actually, these were tested together, and really sound great stacked.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My first stack was an Analogman SD-1 Silver Mod into a Keeley BD-2 Phat. Right now on my main board I am running a Pharaoh Fuzz into a Piedmont Aluminum Falcon II. I guess fuzz could be considered a form of distortion, right?

Also a great combination was the Jetter Gold 45/100 into either the Aluminum Falcon or a Wampler Ecstacy.

For my small board I am waiting to audition the JHS Muffuleta Fuzz which I will run into the Wampler.

I will have to experiment with the orders, but I typically run fuzz before OD.
                  I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I love pedals and so have a number of favorite combinations; most of them involve tubescreamers or a Timmy

TS into RAT or OCD or Open Road or Timmy
                    Beano Boost or Sunface into KOTv4 or Plush Drive or TS
                    KOT into Timmy
                    Jetter GSR into Xotic EP Booster
                    Last edited by vegetablejoe; 12-02-2015, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Favorite Stacked Boost/OD/Distortion Pedals

I'm currently running a Pickup Booster in to a pair of 805 overdrives. The booster is set at unity volume and gives some sparkle. The first 805 is set as a cleaner push into the second, dirtier 805. I also use a Blackstar HT Dual. The two boosting pedals run into one or the other of those depending on what I'm after.

Sent from my TARDIS using timey-wimey talk.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

I love to stack ODs, it's fun to play around with order and see how it changes the character of the drive you get. My current favorite combo is my Joyo Sweet Baby and my Mooer Hustle Drive (OCD clone). My MXR Classic OD (in Wylde mode) also stacks pretty well with the Sweet Baby.
                        Go Packers!

Comment

My current config. FYI so far I find the Open Road stacks well with everything

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	5789447

Comment

xotic Rc booster into anything. Especially the AC booster.
                            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

This is what I've got going on tonight, it changes all the time so tomorrow there might be a Soul Food or Tubescreamer in place of my treble booster or a Dream Crusher or Tone Reaper Fuzz in place of the Metal Muff but they all stack up with each other pretty well!
                              I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Working...
                              X