Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artec Classic Fuzztown

Alright guys, check this out: Artec Classic Fuzztown Demo

I found this fuzz pedal while I was looking around for cheap pickups and stuff at CaliGuitar. I've been wanting a Big Muff Pi for a while, but now I've changed my mind. This is absolutely THE COOLEST fuzz pedal I've EVER heard in my ENTIRE life. It's two fuzz machines in one - you can turn up one or the other or both at the same time, and when you turn both of them up high, you get this awesome "clash of the fuzzes" sort of sound, like it's too big to get out the speaker all at once. All that, and it's only $50-60.

Any objections? Bet you can't find a better fuzz pedal for this price!

Re: Artec Classic Fuzztown

Why does this sound like spam?
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I'm sorry, does it sound like spam? If I sound like I'm spamming, it's just because I sound really intelligent when I talk, and especially when I type. I get that a lot. I'm just spreading the good news, I promise I'm not trying to advertise. I'm not connected to Artec in any way, and I really don't give a wet slap if you like this pedal or not.

...but you might...

Anyways, I was asking a question, not advertising a fuzz pedal. Can you find me a better fuzz pedal? If not, you're wasting my time.
      Last edited by theAeronought; 12-05-2015, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Not my thing but if it's yours, great. Even better when you don't have to pay an arm and a leg.

Comment

Originally posted by theAeronought View Post
          I sound really intelligent when I talk, and especially when I type.
          That must be it!
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Artec makes some really great sounding pedals & not just for the price....I've got a couple. Unlike the Chinese cheapo's they don't seem to be knock-off's either. Have'nt tried that Fuzz one though..
            "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
            If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Ooo, Chinese cheapos? Tell me more...

Yes, Artec's a new find for me, and I really like them. I'm especially fond of the sound of their Blues Drive, but I can get that same sound out of the overdrive channel on my amp. I also kind of like their Phaser, but I like EHX's Bad Stone a little more, and I'm gonna get that one. Have you heard of The Black Keys? I want to imitate that sound with my guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just picked up a Earthquaker Devices Dream Crusher yesterday for $65!!! I'm not saying that the Artec is garbage in anyway but I'm pretty sure I just found a better Fuzz pedal for that price??? Do I win some kind of prize, fluffy elephant or something?

Just for future reference, when you act wicked cocky in one of your very first posts & get super defensive over a call out for spamming instead of just claiming its enthusiasm it just makes it look like you really are spamming? Or just a, well we only get one chance to make a first impression??? If you go back and actually read what you wrote, you gotta admit it does look a little spammy?
                Last edited by Nostalgic Distortion; 12-10-2015, 11:01 PM.
                I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Artec Classic Fuzztown

Thanks. And just for your future reference, punctuating all your sentences with question marks makes you sound like an insecure twelve-year-old girl. But I will bare that in mind. I'm constantly being told to loosen up, that I sound too professional. Wish I knew why that was a problem.

But I didn't start this thread to put my personality or anyone else's up for public criticism. I took a look at a demo of the Dream Crusher, and you're right, it sounds totally killer, especially cranked. It sounds unbalanced, like maybe it's scrambling some, in the highest fuzz setting. It doesn't sound to shabby cleaned up, either, but the pedal itself doesn't seem to have a wide range of fuzz values. I heard medium-high fuzz to crazy-high fuzz, but that's as low as it gets. Not a problem really, but the biggest thing I look for is always versatility. I mean loads of versatility (I'm a fan of guitorgans). That's why I think the Fuzztown is cool, because you've essentially got three different fuzz machines in one box, with really low-gain and really high-gain settings on each.

For the love of God, I do sound like a salesman. This is terrible. Ima shut up now and let you all take it from here.
                  Last edited by theAeronought; 12-11-2015, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks. And just for your future reference, punctuating all your sentences with question marks makes you sound like an insecure twelve-year-old girl. But I will bare that in mind. I'm constantly being told to loosen up, that I sound too professional. Wish I knew why that was a problem.
                    If you are going to criticize punctuation, you had better check that your grammar is correct; especially when you claim to sound too intelligent or too professional when you talk or type.
                    How do you spell Bare vs. bear? Learn the correct spelling of Bare vs. bear & other commonly misspelled words & phrases in the English language. Learn more!

...for future reference.

Anyway...back to the business at hand:
                    Have you heard of The Black Keys? I want to imitate that sound with my guitar.
                    You need one of these (or a good clone):

And if you are keen on learning the rest of how Dan gets his sound, then watch this:
                    Last edited by Chickenwings; 12-11-2015, 11:05 PM.
                    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Nice catch - I wasn't really sure about that one myself. It's one of those weird ones in that situation. Thank you for using periods.

I would very much like to someday own a Big Muff, of any variety really. I'd already watched one or two of Dan Auerbach's Rig Rundowns and noticed that Green Russian clone in there, but they're in the neighborhood of $250 on EBAY, and that's just way out of my price range. Especially when I can barely notice the difference between that and a regular Big Muff anyways. Now the Black Russian, on the other hand, is even cheaper than the NYC's if you find a deal, and they're way cool.

"Hit me again, Porky!" - Major Charles Emerson Winchester III

Comment

Pretty much any muff will do. There are no magic unobtanium parts in there. To get the sound of one muff or another it is usually just a couple of components that are different. The green ones do have a prodigious amount of bottom end tho. More than the rest of the various muffs built over the years.
                        The cheaper (and honestly just as good) option for the green russian sound is one of these:
                        The drive of the original classic Big Muff Pi and the earthy support of a bass tailored design with no loss of low end!
                        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Artec Classic Fuzztown

This is all true. Decidedly, this is the tech spec that has the greatest effect on the pedals: the tone knob. All these fuzz pedals have a volume and gain control (in my case, two of each), but all the Big Muffs also have a tone control, so that you can get deep and muddy or really thin and "itchy." The Earthquaker is stuck just barely on the positive side of noon, and I think the Artec's right about in the middle. I don't know how much it matters - I really like the sounds of both the Artec and the Earthquaker, and I think the Big Muff sound is a little more distortion-like than most, one that would be very exclusive if it didn't have the tone control. Maybe the Artec and the Earthquaker just don't need them?

Also, give this a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4leNcPtf7s&sns=emI can barely tell the difference here either, but I think I like the black one better. I can't really tell why, but I think it sounds more antique.
                          Last edited by theAeronought; 12-12-2015, 12:21 AM.

Comment

The black russian and the NYC sound more or less the same. Both can be had fairly cheaply too. Both are also easy to work on if you want to modify them tonally (maybe to green spec) or perhaps to add true bypass. The modern muffs in the smaller enclosures are all micro components and not easy to work on but already have true bypass from the factory.
                            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

$45-60 will get you one of these..

I love mine
                              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X