banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My HI-Gain pedal search is still ongoing - Megalith Delta.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My HI-Gain pedal search is still ongoing - Megalith Delta.

As some might know, i am looking for a Hi-gain pedal for those once i a while super tight uber hi-gain moments.

Think Rammstein, Pantera style gain and beyond.

A Megalith Delta pedal came up on the used market on this side.
    Again, i will have to buy unseen/untested (if that is even a word)

Does anyone have any experience with this box ?

Tested one ? Know anyone who owns one ?

Any info welcome.

Thanks to all.
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: My HI-Gain pedal search is still ongoing - Megalith Delta.

Sorry, don't have any experience with this box. Highest gain pedal in my arsenal is a Suhr Riot–it is awesome but not what you are looking for...

Comment

What rig are you putting in front of it and what guitars and pups and strings are you using?

In my experience an overdrive thickens and makes what you already have sound larger. The amp/amps have to be a studs; Randall, Mesa, Bogner, VHT etc... To shape the final tone you're going to have to perfectly dial in your gear down to the details to nail it.

The Pantera/White Zombie sound is pretty straight forward. The pedals change a little from band to band but the backbone of the sound is a hot bridge pickup and a vintage neck pup through an overdrive. I know J. from WZ used a JB/59 combo for a lot of his recording and some live guitars, and he was boosting through an Ibanez TS9 tube screamer, some fuzz and a wah, then split into a MB triple rec AND a Randall Century 200. His live rig is the same one Dimebag was using circa 1996-1998. The problem is you won't get the correct tone out of this rig unless you're running them up pretty good on volume. I've done this in my house and the tone is perfect but I rattled half a set dinner of plates onto the floor out of my cabinets (not joking). You also shouldn't be using what most metalheads run for string guage. Get a set of 9's, let them them get about half crusty and max out the treble on the guitar, fine tune treble with the amp. The smaller, dirtier set sounds like a bigger clean set this way until the notes get up high enough then they break over harder into highs that 11's or 12's won't. Noise gate the whole thing to your satisfaction and this will get you pretty close.

Comment

I don't have any hands on knowledge with that pedal but here's a cool read on tone from that era.

J. from White Zombie had a really close stage setup as Dimebag.

Here's a link to his blog that lays out the whole rig.

Comment

How about something from Keeley?

Comment

Sorry for the double post, the board was acting weird for me last night and I guess they were selected for approval by a mod and I just thought the first one didn't make it on the thread.

Comment

The MI audio tube zone is pretty good for that super heavy stuff. It has got plenty of control over tone shaping and low end response. You can pick them up second hand pretty readily too. If you don't like it you can always flip it.
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                The MI audio tube zone is pretty good for that super heavy stuff. It has got plenty of control over tone shaping and low end response. You can pick them up second hand pretty readily too. If you don't like it you can always flip it.
                Thanks . . . i wil deff look into this one.

Never gave it a thought. For some reason i always thought it is more of an OD, than an outright Dist pedal.

I did look at the MXR Dime Dist. pedal hoping it will give me what i want, but 'something' was still lacking.
                I tested it on a Marshall MG100 and a Fender Hotrod DeVille, 4X10. Sounded 'better' on the DeVille.
                Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

AMT Legend pedals. S, P, or R models. Throw an overdrive in front of it for even more gain.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                  @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Thank you very much.

Gonna look into them right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X