Wah boost...is there such a thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wah boost...is there such a thing?

Alternatively you could get an A/B switch or Loop pedal that runs to a separate boost pedal and the wah which are always on. That way it's always ready, and you can decide whether you want the signal going into the wah boosted or the signal coming out of the wah boosted.
    Originally posted by Brown Note
    I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
    My Blog

Comment

Bass Wah is cool for guitar???

Sweep range isn't goofy?
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        Bass Wah is cool for guitar???

Sweep range isn't goofy?

They have a very warm cap for the sweep range. I haven't read about anyone liking a bass wah for guitar (but maybe they're out there). A brighter cap may be all it needs to change that and turn it into a guitar wah if the rest of the circuit is the same. The typical Dunlop/Vox guitar wah sweep range cap is .01, and .0133, .015, to .022 cap (Hendrix and Zack Wylde models use .022) are commonly used for warmer guitar wahs. A bass wah usually has a .068 cap.
        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
          They have a very warm cap for the sweep range. I haven't read about anyone liking a bass wah for guitar (but maybe they're out there). A brighter cap may be all it needs to change that and turn it into a guitar wah if the rest of the circuit is the same. The typical Dunlop/Vox guitar wah sweep range cap is .01, and .0133, .015, to .022 cap (Hendrix and Zack Wylde models use .022) are commonly used for warmer guitar wahs. A bass wah usually has a .068 cap.
          The Cliff Burton wah is probably the hottest wah on the market right now. Guitar players in droves are picking these things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
            The Cliff Burton wah is probably the hottest wah on the market right now. Guitar players in droves are picking these things up.

http://www.morleypedals.com/dpfw.html

That one was specifically designed to be guitar-friendly, which few (if any) of the other bass wahs were.
            "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
            "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Cliff Burton Wah I had was horrible. Thin and not pronounced. Maybe it was broke. Me and my bass player hated it.
              Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Working...
              X