banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Scored Some Hot Fuzz Today at my Kid's Basketball Game!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Scored Some Hot Fuzz Today at my Kid's Basketball Game!!!

LOL! Get your minds out of the gutters!!!

So I've been in the market for a good Fuzz pedal for a few weeks now and today one kinda just feel into my lap! I was at my son's Basketball game this afternoon and a guy that I went to high school with came over to say hello. He & I used to jam quite a lot when we were younger and he's now the middle school music teacher.

Anyway, he ended up asking if I was still into playing guitar and especially collecting gear? He went on to say he was only asking because he's getting married in the spring and he's going to be selling off a bunch of his gear to help pay for his upcoming nuptials. I told him that the only thing I was currently looking for was a Fuzz pedal but I'd be happy to check out what he had to offer? As soon as I walked in there it was, almost like it was waiting for me! I asked what he wanted for it because I was probably going to have to hit up the ATM because I only had $65 in cash? Sold, he says!!!

It's literally in brand new condition! There wasn't a mark on it, came with the box, bag, stickers, everything! I absolutely love Earthquaker Devices pedals, there's just something about them? Anyway, I was just looking at Dream Crushers, Tone Reapers, and Cloven Hoofs the other day so this almost seemed fortuitous!

He's also got some other great gear/guitars & he said that he would much rather sell it locally for less money than have to deal with the fees that occur when selling online not to mention the hassle & expense of having to ship things like guitars and amplifiers out. I know first hand what a PIA that can be when the closest UPS or FedEx location is over 100 miles away! Not fun, but I told him that I'd definitely be back as soon as I get Christmas out of the way.

He's also selling his dad's old Gibson L6S, I wanted that thing sooooooo bad when I was a kid and now it looks like I just may just get the chance to buy it? If he's willing to give me the same kind of deal on that as he did the Dream Crusher I'll be sitting pretty for sure!!!
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Re: I Scored Some Hot Fuzz Today at my Kid's Basketball Game!!!

Greasy! Love it.
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Those look like awesome pedals, congrats and enjoy!

Comment

CONGRATZ . . . clips, we need sound clips !
        Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Nice grab! You're in a great position to pick up some good gear for cheap. He obviously bought quality stuff, not run of the mill junk. Plus, he'd rather see it go to an old friend.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
            Nice grab! You're in a great position to pick up some good gear for cheap. He obviously bought quality stuff, not run of the mill junk. Plus, he'd rather see it go to an old friend.
            I think I'm just going to start signing my checks over to him? Lol, he does have some amazing gear, awesome vintage stuff as well! He comes from a very musical family & he inherited a lot of his dad's stuff when he passed. There's a huge collection of vintage Mesa amps and cabinets, I'd really like to get my hands on at least one of them!!!
            I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Working...
            X