OCD 9 or 18?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCD 9 or 18?

I read in the OCD manual that it can be run at 9 volts or 18 volts. Says that the 18 will make it louder and a few other changes. I can imagine the benefits because I know when I had an EMG loaded guitar and did an 18 volt mod on it, it really opened it up. However my power supply only has one 18v connection and its already in use. How many of you guys use em with 18? For those who have tried both, is it really beneficial at 18? Negligible? Not as good? What did you find? If its really a great change, Ill have to find a way to make it work..Thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: OCD 9 or 18?

I just run mine @ 9V for the most part because the 18V slots on my brick are otherwise occupied. I thought the difference was pretty subtle to tell you the truth, like someone putting a .5 db boost in front of it? Louder and a little more ballsy but it's not a completely new pedal or really anything special? I keep mine on high peak with the gain set @ about 11:00 & layer other pedals for extra dirt so 9V is plenty loud for me. If I were using it as my only source of gain it might be a different story. The difference in sound is also more prominent @ louder volume levels, then it gives you a little more saturation along with the extra juice but if it's not convenient for you to run it @ 18v I wouldn't sweat it, you're not missing much of anything....
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
      I just run mine @ 9V for the most part because the 18V slots on my brick are otherwise occupied. I thought the difference was pretty subtle to tell you the truth, like someone putting a .5 db boost in front of it? Louder and a little more ballsy but it's not a completely new pedal or really anything special? I keep mine on high peak with the gain set @ about 11:00 & layer other pedals for extra dirt so 9V is plenty loud for me. If I were using it as my only source of gain it might be a different story. The difference in sound is also more prominent @ louder volume levels, then it gives you a little more saturation along with the extra juice but if it's not convenient for you to run it @ 18v I wouldn't sweat it, you're not missing much of anything....

Thank you for the informative reply! Very good info. Most all of my gain will come from my amp , so doesnt sound like I'll be missing much. Im sure one day I'll try it, but it would be a real pita now to free up the 18v port. Thanks again!
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

It's a great pedal, definitely earned a permanent spot on my board! Enjoy!!!
        I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Working...
        X