X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anthonyshawnr
    replied
    Re: Good metal pedal/amp?

The rd1c sounds bad ass at low volumes but it seems none of the pedals I have combined with it can give me a better sound than my Cube 20gx... It's crazy I never thought a modeling amp would give me a better metal sound at higher volumes vs a full tube amp with an od/distortion pedal...

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied

Going back to the OP it seems like you have champagne tastes and a beer budget. There are a lot of pedals the were suggested that will get you close but $200 is not going to get you there. I suggest putting your money in the bank and waiting until you can pull the trigger on the right amp. With the right amp a used $50 pedal like a DOD250 or a DS1 would be enough to push you over the top. You are not going to get the same effect with an amp modeler.

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
    I'm basically looking for a pedal that will provide a decent EQ. I've found the voicing of the EQ more important than the amount of saturation. A thick, tight bass response is ideal, but also a good high end to add clarity and punchy mids. I have my eye on the MXR Super Badass Distortion, Marshall Guv'nor Plus (with mods), or the Digitech Metal Distortion. I just need to get my hands on the pedals some how and try them out.
    Give the Decibel 11 Dirt Clod a try. It is all analog and will go from a clean boost to Matt Pike like distortion. It also allows you to switch from a diode to a chip distortion.

Last edited by Securb; 12-27-2015, 11:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SirJackdeFuzz
    replied

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    One ecc83 and 2 ecc82s? Interesting.
    That mid switch is cool.

It sounds like a Mid-cut, as apposed to a Mid-Boost though !

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post

NICE score mate !
    One ecc83 and 2 ecc82s? Interesting.
    That mid switch is cool.
    Last edited by Demanic; 12-24-2015, 12:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyshawnr
    replied

FYI don't get the randall rd1c... if you have the gain in metal territory you can't turn the volume up past 75% without it clipping really weird. It's completely unusable if you wanna turn up louder than a tv...

Leave a comment:

• ThisDyingSoul76
    replied

Awesome, nice score. When I am ready to shop for an amp with intent to buy I'll have to watch out for that one.

Leave a comment:

• SirJackdeFuzz
    replied

Originally posted by bloodswords View Post

I always believe that good metal tones come from the amp, not pedals. My latest acquisition is this Joyo Mjolnir head- awesome distortion to say the least.

NICE score mate !

Leave a comment:

• anthonyshawnr
    replied

Lucky bastard lol

Leave a comment:

• bloodswords
    replied

That's right, it's a 15W got it for $100 lesser than the MSRP stated above (dealer was moving out).

Leave a comment:

• anthonyshawnr
    replied

That heads pretty dope!

Leave a comment:

• Liko
    replied

Looks like it's 15w and about $450 street. Not too bad for a studio amp

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ThisDyingSoul76
    replied

Interesting. How many watts is that? And if you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back?

Leave a comment:

• bloodswords
    replied

I always believe that good metal tones come from the amp, not pedals. My latest acquisition is this Joyo Mjolnir head- awesome distortion to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• dominus
    replied

It'll be fine, (although an overdrive pedal may help, but you can find something in the $25-$30 range) but you're looking at spending nearly twice as much, and some of that older stuff holds up better than the newer stuff anyway.

In fact, use that $25 towards an OD pedal:

Get the guaranteed best price on Distortion & Overdrive Effects Pedals like the Behringer TO800 Vintage Tube Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on...

$20. Get a pack of strings for $5.

If you have to pay to ship an amp you'll find out just how expensive shipping is. Even shipping to KS (where MF is) from where you're at will cost you $70-$80 for a combo amp.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyshawnr
    replied

Too bad I have a 25$ credit with musicians friend... do you think the rg80 would provide enough gain/distortion or would I be in the same position I'm in with the Roland (not enough gain without becoming muddy)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X