Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PEDAL ORDER?

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
    I'm in the process of rearranging my pedals too. I fixed my 25+ year old volume pedal yesterday (I refuse to pay $100 for one when I scored this one for $25) and mounted it to my board. I had to remove part of the riser I had on the back row to fit it then move all my pedals down a space. Problem now is I don't have enough cables or long enough cables to put some of the pedals where I want them in the chain and place them where I want them on the board.
    Cool you were able to fix it!! Yeah, I got everything set up pretty perfectly now as far as cables and stuff and velcro positions. I had to pull up and trash a bunch that had only been there a couple weeks when I switch to the3 new pedals and did the last reorg. Thats why Im grumbling. I def want to try the tips Ive been given here by Devastone, but hate the idea of redoing everything again. But I put up the thread cuz I want to maximize the tones of everything, and get the most efficient layout possible...
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Last edited by LLL; 03-23-2016, 10:37 PM.

Comment

yeah, thanks Tri L! I was careful when assembling it to check all the pedals. My MXR 10 band is 18v so I had to use the one 18 volt spot on my power brick for it and was careful when routing my wires to get the right one to it. Also, my OCD can run 9 or 18, so I questioned which I should using for that one. (went with 9). And I had read thru that threat you made ref too, so am keeping that in mind for when I redo it
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

As far as the NS-2 loop goes, you want the cleanest signal possible directly from your guitar at the input, then the noise makers in the loop of the NS-2. That way it can best sense when you are playing, but not get opened by random noises from pedals, make sense? I'm sure you can look up a manual at bossus.com.

Comment

Makes perfect sense!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
              Cool you were able to fix it!! Yeah, I got everything set up pretty perfectly now as far as cables and stuff and velcro positions. I had to pull up and trash a bunch that had only been there a couple weeks when I switch to the3 new pedals and did the last reorg. Thats why Im grumbling. I def want to try the tips Ive been given here by Devastone, but hate the idea of redoing everything again. But I put up the thread cuz I want to maximize the tones of everything, and get the most efficient layout possible...
              Good news was that I managed to figure out a way to fit most of my pedals back on the board. It required some creative positioning of the more compact pedals and figuring out which cables were longest even if only by fractions of an inch. Only 1 pedal is off now, but I don't use it much anyway. I may use it as trading fodder the next time a used EQ pedal or compressor comes along.
              Last edited by ThisDyingSoul76; 01-03-2016, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X