Best chorus for a layered sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best chorus for a layered sound?

I like chorus with very little (almost no) modulation. A modulated delay set for a very slow delay time and no repeats will do a very similar thing.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah - there are a number of core "chorus" sounds

The thick detune is one.

Another is the classic shimmer/vibrato

And then there is a the almost chorus as doubler/air machine
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I don't have a Chorus pedal. I've had a few over the years but always sold them. I'm not a huge pedal guy as it is. But chorus is not really my thing so I'm not an expert at all and I'm not even sure I have a good grasp on what the OP wants. But, a while back I almost considered picking up a Mr. Black - Double Chorus. I passed, knowing that I would end up not using it, like always. But I thought it was a cool sounding chorus, low or no modulation, and what I would describe as "layered" as far as choruses go, which, if I remember, was why I took a look at it. Don't think it will cover the 12 string simulation though.

Comment

I will add that the effectiveness of a chorus increases exponentially when used in stereo. Stereo rigs are rare these days, except when recording, though- I ain't carrying around 2 amps. But hearing a chorus in mono and then in stereo is like listening to AM radio and then turning on FM.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Run an out to the mixer, and hard pan dry/wet. YOU won't hear it, but everyone else will…
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Boss Chorus Ensemble series should be fine, but could you clear why some amp build-in choruses sound to you like flangers ? The only difference in sound (not in build) between the phaser, flanger and chorus is a tempo of oscillations and feedback so on correct settings I'm sure you'd get chorus.
              Need of FUZZ ?
              Need of CENTAUR ?

Comment

Working...
              X