X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• czarokrates
    replied
    Re: Best chorus for a layered sound?

Boss Chorus Ensemble series should be fine, but could you clear why some amp build-in choruses sound to you like flangers ? The only difference in sound (not in build) between the phaser, flanger and chorus is a tempo of oscillations and feedback so on correct settings I'm sure you'd get chorus.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Run an out to the mixer, and hard pan dry/wet. YOU won't hear it, but everyone else will…

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

I will add that the effectiveness of a chorus increases exponentially when used in stereo. Stereo rigs are rare these days, except when recording, though- I ain't carrying around 2 amps. But hearing a chorus in mono and then in stereo is like listening to AM radio and then turning on FM.

Leave a comment:

• Darg1911
    replied

I don't have a Chorus pedal. I've had a few over the years but always sold them. I'm not a huge pedal guy as it is. But chorus is not really my thing so I'm not an expert at all and I'm not even sure I have a good grasp on what the OP wants. But, a while back I almost considered picking up a Mr. Black - Double Chorus. I passed, knowing that I would end up not using it, like always. But I thought it was a cool sounding chorus, low or no modulation, and what I would describe as "layered" as far as choruses go, which, if I remember, was why I took a look at it. Don't think it will cover the 12 string simulation though.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Yeah - there are a number of core "chorus" sounds

The thick detune is one.

Another is the classic shimmer/vibrato

And then there is a the almost chorus as doubler/air machine

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

I like chorus with very little (almost no) modulation. A modulated delay set for a very slow delay time and no repeats will do a very similar thing.

Leave a comment:

• Lampy H
    replied

Check out the Digitech Luxe.

Leave a comment:

• Chistopher
    replied

These are all awesome pedals, but I'm looking for something that will give you a multilayered sound, like if you were to record the same track multiple times over itself each. Like something that can make a six string sound like a 12 string or even an 18 string
    Last edited by Chistopher; 12-23-2015, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Condemned soul
    replied

+1 Have both the V2 and V3 series pedals.

There is a noticeable improvement in sound quality and features between the two pedals.

Here is a Visual Sound demo of the pedal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HIkWRjT25o

Leave a comment:

• ThisDyingSoul76
    replied

TrueTone/Visual Sound makes a nice chorus in their H2O pedals. The older ones (v1 and v2) can be had for less than $200. They come paired with analogy delay. The V2 series also has a standalone chorus, the Liquid Chorus. The V2 series has a Lush setting that produces a thick chorus.

For a bit more than $200 you could get the current V3 series.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_S
    replied

Look at "detune" effects instead of chorus. The various Whammy pedals do it, as do most harmonizer pedals and multi effects. Detune gives you the slight pitch shift, but without the wobble.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

The Line6 M5 has the Dimension sound (which I really like- chorus with slow, slow speed) and will be in your budget. Most choruses are too wobbly for me- I like really slow ones. NAMM is next month, so if you can wait, there might be some new pedals coming out from many companies.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Please clarify what you mean by "layered"

As in multi-tracked/stacked guitar parts? That's about delay, not necessarily modulation.

But there are the Multi-chorus / chorus ensemble sounds also….

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Does the Keeley have dual output sockets for rack amplification applications?

Leave a comment:

• eclecticsynergy
    replied

Lovepedal Beardsman Bi-Chorus, gives you two separate sweeps at once, with speed control for each. Pretty multilayered sounding.

I've never heard anything as lush and three dimensional as the 8-voice stereo chorus in my Intellifex, but that's a rackmount.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X