banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wampler Pinnacle and Electro-Harmonix Cock Fight opinions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wampler Pinnacle and Electro-Harmonix Cock Fight opinions?

I've got a tight budget for guitar equipment, obviously limiting my choice when it comes to pedals. I've never used pedals before and now I am starting to try them out. But anyway, I saw the Cock Fight and the Pinnacle online and was wondering if any of you guys have opinions on them. If any of you know any other cool pedals, please give your ideas.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Re: Wampler Pinnacle and Electro-Harmonix Cock Fight opinions?

I love my Pinnacle Deluxe. It's everything from EVH in a box to classic Marshall tones. Just make sure you have a nice clean tone to put the pedal in front of.

I have no experience with the Cock Fight.
    Nope...

Comment

Boost a Pinnacle with a Tube Screamer style pedal.

In fact I think they should release a Pinnacle Deluxe II, where the boost is a TS style like on the Plexi Drive Deluxe.

The cock fight, ehh, unless you NEED that sound, I'd do something more useful first.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Well the Cock Fight also a fuzz box, so I can get a "Hendrixian" sound and a wah pedal if you hook up an expression pedal, so I think it is a pretty useful pedal.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          Boost a Pinnacle with a Tube Screamer style pedal.

In fact I think they should release a Pinnacle Deluxe II, where the boost is a TS style like on the Plexi Drive Deluxe.

The cock fight, ehh, unless you NEED that sound, I'd do something more useful first.
          One thing to be careful of with the Pinnacle is to not hit it with too much. The bass gets flubby and the distortion gets weird. Wampler will mod the pedal for you if you use REALLY, REALLY HOT pickups. I've accidentally left my pre-gain boost on and gotten that weird effect. It's not pleasant or usable.
          Nope...

Comment

Or you could buy a normal fuzz and a normal wah for the same price as the cockfight and an expression pedal.

Pretty much impossible to recommend a pedal without knowing what guitars and amps you're working with and what your goals are. Pedals are like spice... they add flavor to the main ingredient. You're gona get people giving you recipes for buffalo chicken while you're trying to season a steak.
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I got a set of Burstbuckers 2 and 3 in a Lester through a variety of Marshalls (forget the specific names at the moment) and I looking for van halen and hendrix-ish type sound.
              Edit: when I say "hendrix-ish", I put real heavy emphasis on the "ish"
              Last edited by Chistopher; 12-19-2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

For Van Halen, I'd look more at something to boost your Marshalls. The Pinnacle is aimed at getting the VH sound through a clean amp.

For Hendrix, I'd just install some coil splits and get a nice wah.

In fact, all of those put together is a nice recipe for just about any rock tone.

Comment

Working...
                X