X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall Bluesbreaker Pedal

Originally posted by J E C View Post
    How much are they on the waiting list?
    They are $235 on the list for the base model. If you add all the extra options they are $300.
    Mine will be about $300. I am adding the High Gain mod and the external toggle to give me Clean OD and Distortion from the outside of the pedal which otherwise you'd have to open it up and change dip switches back and forth..

Some people love them some don't. Analogman is not easy to deal with. They set the rules. Once you order you get an email saying you're on the list..
    Then it's 12-18 months wait.
    I personally love the pedal. It nails that heavy blues grind to the modern country rock tones I love.. It sounds great thru Teles Strats and Les Pauls..

I think it's best blues dirt box on the market but that is just my personal subjective opinion which is like an *******, everyone has one..

Get on YouTube and listen to some clips before you open your wallet.. The good thing about dirt boxes is, there are bazillion of em on the market.
    I can't believe the shear amount of OD pedals that are made in 2015.. It's borderline lunacy!

On a side note, while not being a Blues Breaker pedal maybe you should also look at a Fulltone OCD. It's kinda Marshall like on the High side and the Low side is very Fenderish..
    It would get you really close to this for half the money.. I have heard the OCD do some seriously spot on Reverend Willy G tones. Comepletely nail the La Grange and Tush tone.
    It's really versatile as well and only costs about $125 and sometimes less than that, I just saw a new one on Ebay for $111..

I will add, I am a pedal whore.. I have a serious addiction to dirtboxes. I own an amp with tons of gain but I plug tons of pedals into the clean channel.
    I just like grit from pedals sometimes.. That's why I am buying this one.. I just want it..
    Last edited by Shooter.556; 12-23-2015, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
      I didn't think the KoT was all that... After all the hype... I was a little let down, and sold it. Went back down to a fulldrive 2. May be that I just like the TS circuit for pushing my amp. I do want to try another BB pedal... And a single channel makes sense, so that snouse makes sense.
      When I get bored with it, I'll let you borrow it.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Marshall Bluesbreaker Pedal

I reached out to snouse today to see if he got my order off reverb. He said I should have checked his shipping details as he has 5 days and Friday is a federal holiday. Geez. I was mostly just asking if he received the order. I think it's nice to let someone know you received an order in 2-3 days but I guess he's getting slammed and it is the holidays.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

The Xotic BB Preamp is based on the bluesbreaker too i think, those might be cheap used.

Comment

I got to researching Bluesbreaker clones and many say the MXR Il Torino is a Bluesbreaker as well.
            Maybe check that one out too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
              Does anyone still own one? I had one years ago.

I still have mine . . . but the newer BBII

Got mine in 2006/7.
              Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

I had an original black model. It was the best overdrive I've ever used. It was stolen in the late 90s. One of these days I'll find another one.
                2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
                2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
                2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

Originally posted by SFW View Post
                  I had an original black model. It was the best overdrive I've ever used. It was stolen in the late 90s. One of these days I'll find another one.
                  For $89 I think you can get a hand wired one with better components. Just sayin.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Working...
                  X