X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooter.556
    replied
    Re: NPD Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet..

I love the FM. The flat mids sound fantastic thru my EVH 5150iii. I agree it does so much for just one pedal. It's no one trick pony.

Leave a comment:

• Humbugger
    replied

The FD2 is such a great tool. I have used mine as an amp booster, pedal booster, and a stand alone overdrive into clean amps. It does all of those equally well in my opinion. I don't use Comp Cut or the Mosfet switch that often but I do use the Vintage/FM settings a lot. I like the ability to boost or flatten mids by just flipping the switch, makes the pedal much more versatile and easier to match to different guitars and amps. My FD3 is a little different, I like it but the 90's/Wide Asym settings are a little different than the Vintage/FM settings on my FD2, so I don't use it as much. Clean boost gives it a different feel as well. Overall, I like both but still prefer the FD2 Mosfet.

Leave a comment:

• Shooter.556
    replied

I have played all weekend and have removed everything else from my board except my BBE G Screamer and it's only there because it was a Christmas present and I am still messing with it.
    The FD2 is fantastic! I have had an MXR Modified Badass OD on my board for 3 years but the FD2 kills it.. It's going up for sale with a few others..

Leave a comment:

• Vasshu the humanoid typhoon
    replied

MOSFET might be stretching it some what...
    He uses the diode bridge in the MOSFET....
    Probally got a sweet threshold for the clipping in that diode.

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

FD2 is a pretty damn useful pedal.

Leave a comment:

• Humbugger
    replied

I have a FD2 MOSFET and a Custom Shop FD3 - I won't part with either one of them. Been using a Fulldrive in one form or another for around 10 years now. The MOSFET is great, one of the few pedals that worked with every amp and guitar I have owned. I have tried a dozen or so other OD pedals and for me, nothing beats a Fulldrive. I have hit and miss results with Fuller's other designs but the Fulldrive is a staple for me.

Leave a comment:

• Scott_F
    replied

Another of the pedals I wonder why I sold. Should have kept them all dammit.

Leave a comment:

• Shooter.556
    replied

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Nice, I still really like mine. The EQ profile works awesome with Fender amps.

Pro tip: the "boost" is actually an additional gain control, not a volume boost. So set your main gain to taste, then set the boost to max for extra saturation on the diode clipping modes and a little extra volume on the comp-cut mode.
    Thanks for the information! I am going to play with it later and see what she how she sounds.
    I demoed it thru a Les Paul Standard with BB Pros and a crappy solid state. We'll see how she sounds thru my EVH 5150iii on the Green channel.
    I'm looking for a blues sound on that channel. I am happy with the rest of the amp.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

Nice, I still really like mine. The EQ profile works awesome with Fender amps.

Pro tip: the "boost" is actually an additional gain control, not a volume boost. So set your main gain to taste, then set the boost to max for extra saturation on the diode clipping modes and a little extra volume on the comp-cut mode.

Leave a comment:

• Shooter.556
    started a topic NPD Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet..

NPD Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet..

I went to GC a little bit ago on my break.
    I was looking for a Way Huge Saucy Box but I ended up with this instead..
    I was looking for a blues overdrive. This seems to fit the bill.
    I have all of Christmas and New Years to play with it and see.
Working...
X