This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best Rack Effect ????

What is the best Rack effect for the budget ?

Re: What is the best Rack Effect ????

2nd hand Rocktron Replifex is pretty good for the budget. I have no idea about the quality of current rack gear, but one cool feature of the Replifex is the ability to switch amp channels via a regular jack.

Comment

I was gonna say Rocktron Intellifex,as well...
      "Scalloped & Stickered"
      A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by Rand-O-Monium View Post
        I was gonna say Rocktron Intellifex,as well...
        That used to be the case, but they've really picked up on the used market lately. They're still a decent deal, but nowhere near the bargain they were 2 or 3 years ago. It's hard to say what the best budget rack processor is without knowing the specific use. For a PA reverb, I'd pick a Lexicon MPX-100/110 since they can be found used for $50-80 all day long. I've used one for guitar and it works, but it's not great. For a guitar processor a v1 TC G-Major can be had for $120-150 and will also switch amp channels for less $$$ than the Replifex. It's much more clean/clear/modern sounding than the Replifex, so it may not be your thing. The switching knobs are also a bit fragile and a PITA to replace, so handle with care.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
        X