X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securb
    replied
    Re: Flangers.....Where to begin.....

Depends on your budget. I love my MOOG clusterflux it is the best flanger I have ever owned. If I was going for one on the cheap the Boss BF-2 would be it.

Leave a comment:

• Myaccount876
    replied

Boss BF-2. Why? Because it was $50, and to me, a flanger is a flanger. I only wanted standard flanger sounds, mainly the options of dialing in psuedo chorus, metallic, and jet engine sounds. It does the job, and I don't put it in the chain unless I know I will be using it - in which case it is always on. I mainly use it for rhythm tracks.

Leave a comment:

• Vasshu the humanoid typhoon
    replied

Have two old Ibanez flangers....FL-305 and a FL-301 Narrow box.
    One Guyatone Moving box flanger....copy of an old MXR really.

Also on the look for a Foxrox Paradox TZF2

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

I learned a bit more about flangers hanging out with Frank Falbo, who was the SD product mgr. We listened to all flangers, along with my 78 ADA, and what they all do differently.

I'd like to see SD finally come out with one, but EVH/MXR, ADA, Fulltone Choralflange, Boss, etc.....there's many. Just listen to clips to point you where you want to be.

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    Guest replied

I use a Danelectro Hash Browns Flanger. It's a placeholder, until I remember what I'm supposed to be using a flanger for and/or want something different. I tried a fancy new model the other day and couldn't get it to sound anything other than weird and unnatural. I like that the Danelectro is just three knobs -- easy to use -- and sounds good for what I paid.

Leave a comment:

• ThisDyingSoul76
    replied

I currently have a vintage Japanese made Boss BF-2. It's really a place holder until I can get my hands on an Electric Mistress. I wish I could give a better explanation than just saying I like the sound but I can't quite put my finger on it.

One thing I dislike on the BF-2 is the way the Manual knob works. I turn it all the way off in an attempt to get it to behave more like the EM. One thing I do like about the BF-2 is that unlike the newer Boss pedals I've experienced it doesn't suck the highs from my tone in bypass, which I assume is due to a better buffer.

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied

MXR micro. Really like the sound. Use it VERY rarely, however.

Leave a comment:

• J E C
    started a topic Flangers.....Where to begin.....

Flangers.....Where to begin.....

Yes it's me again.... Wow I could turn that into a song! Oh wait....never mind. So on with the show.
    FLANGERS...There are so many.... I don't even know were to begin, other than....
    What do you use, and why? What is it about that make and model that you like?....other than, I like the sound of it.

Thanks John
Working...
X