Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flangers.....Where to begin.....

Originally posted by Rand-O-Monium View Post
    Had the Turbo Flange,the vol drop killed it for me...
    Really???

Hadn't heard that.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I don't notice it with mine either, I'll hook it back up today and see if I can...

I did have that with the 2nd Flanger (the EVH/MXR-ish one) setting on the TC Dreamscape pedal, which made that setting unusable for me.

Comment

Has anyone compared the TC Vortex models with the real versions?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I've used and own a LOT of flangers. My experience with the effect is that if you don't put kn time and find what's right for your sound and your style - you'll be disappointed.

I play a lot of "thick" sounding rock/metal. Lots of stoner rock (think Fu Manchu and Kyuss) straight up to Doomy stuff. Because I need my low frequency response to stay where I put it, I mainly use the HF-2.

The HF-2 is NOT loved by most because it is subtle and as PF said, it only really effects your high end. Therefore is is naturally "airy" sounding to me. I got mine on Ebay like 6 years ago for $40.

Another great flanger that doesn't get enough love is the TC Electronic Vortex. It has toneprint so you can use artist presets or fire up your PC and edit your own sound exactly how you want it.

The Vortex has a Tape mode and a "regular" mode. Both are useful. I have a toneprint loaded on it to emulate the Hartman flanger.
           Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Has anyone compared the TC Vortex models with the real versions?
            I (being excited about flangers), posted about the TC before I saw this. Whoops.

I used to have an EM that stopped working and since it wasn't vintage/I was a dumb kid - I junked it.

The Hartman/EM toneprint that I downloaded was actually pretty damn close. I used it as a starting point to edit my own and I'm quite happy with it.
             Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Vortex is another great Swiss army style.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I gotta check with my Mom,I had an original A/DA & an old MXR Rackmount Flanger/Doubler(Dimebag!) up in Va...

Dammit,would be nice to see those again...
                "Scalloped & Stickered"
                A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Just gave Mom a head's-up,she's kind of a packrat,too.

Got my fingers crossed,but not gonna hold my breath...
                  "Scalloped & Stickered"
                  A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Working...
                  X