AMT PEDALS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMT PEDALS

Ive read good things on here before about these.

Im broke now, but looking into future purchases. First, Im torn as to whether to get an AMT B2 or a Bogner red pedal.

Also like to have the AMT S2 and P2. Id like to have the Soldano tone, but def cant afford one, nor would I be able to play one loud enough to get the full tone out of it.
    Would also love to have the thick gooey tone of a 5150/6505, but dont think Id want that tone all the time to buy the amp.

So, Im basically asking if anyone has experiences with the B2 (especially if you can compare it to a Bogner REd), S2 and p2. If so, how you like em??

AND really curious if the M2 captures the sound of a blasting JCM800??

Any (positive) input appreciated!! Thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: AMT PEDALS

Have only tried the S2. Now THAT does sound a lot like a Soldano. Very responsive, dynamic, and would likely cut through any mix.
    Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

I didn't care for the B2 that much (*very* bassy), but would take it over any of the Bogner branded pedals.

S2 is one of the best. P2 and R2 are pretty good. M2 was okay, but not enough gain for me.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

I have not used the S2 but in this video is really hard to me to notice any difference among the real Soldano and the S2, I already have the SS-20 which is very good but this is the other one I would like to have.

Edit: He explains that is a copy of a soldano rack preamp really, not an original.
        Who took my guitar?

Comment

I've used and a few of their pedals and still use a SS-11b preamp. First thing to remember is that these are best used as preamps. The "2" series do have outputs for running in front of an amp, as a preamp into a power amp or fx loop return, and a cab sim out for running direct.

I've used the SS-20, and SS-30, both are great, the SS-11 is the most amp-like, the 20 is 2nd and a little more "metal" than the 11, and the 30 is FET based, sounds great but not quite as round as the 11.

I've only used the P2 of the ones you asked about, and it sounds really good, although it had more gain than I wanted. It doesn't really do low gain, but the high gain sounds are great, I haven't compared it directly to a real 5150/6505 though. The clean channel has a preset EQ, but really sounds good, very Fender-y.

The SS-11b works best for me, I would be as happy with the 30 or 20, but they are much more versatile since it is my "amp". I have it on my pedal board and either run direct with the built in cab sim or through an ISP Stealth power amp and cabs. Sure, I love big tube amps, but I don't really play anywhere I could use one. We do have a H&K Tubemeister 18 head and cab at church, but I usually use my setup through the cab because I'm more comfortable with it and I honestly like the sound of the AMT better. You can see my setup on page 6 of the show yer pedalboard thread.
          Last edited by devastone; 01-13-2016, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys!! I almost bought a couple of the original ones a few years back, but pretty sure Ill opt for the 2 series now. Will be a few months before I get ahead with some cash.. will have to figure which one to try first..
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
              I've used and a few of their pedals and still use a SS-11b preamp. First thing to remember is that these are best used as preamps. The "2" series do have outputs for running in front of an amp, as a preamp into a power amp or fx loop return, and a cab sim out for running direct.

I've used the SS-20, and SS-30, both are great, the SS-11 is the most amp-like, the 20 is 2nd and a little more "metal" than the 11, and the 30 is FET based, sounds great but not quite as round as the 11.

I've only used the P2 of the ones you asked about, and it sounds really good, although it had more gain than I wanted. It doesn't really do low gain, but the high gain sounds are great, I haven't compared it directly to a real 5150/6505 though. The clean channel has a preset EQ, but really sounds good, very Fender-y.

The SS-11b works best for me, I would be as happy with the 30 or 20, but they are much more versatile since it is my "amp". I have it on my pedal board and either run direct with the built in cab sim or through an ISP Stealth power amp and cabs. Sure, I love big tube amps, but I don't really play anywhere I could use one. We do have a H&K Tubemeister 18 head and cab at church, but I usually use my setup through the cab because I'm more comfortable with it and I honestly like the sound of the AMT better. You can see my setup on page 6 of the show yer pedalboard thread.
              I got a P1 and a V1 in a trade, and I also noticed right off the bat that they do not work well in front of an amp. They definitely need to run directly into a poweramp. Another nice option on the ones I have are the poweramp/cab simulator that's onboard each pedal. I haven't tried it yet, but I imagine a guy could run them directly into a PA in a pinch.
              Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

The 2 series have cab sim out direct, preamp out for straight in to a power amp, and a drive out for using in front of an amp. It should work fine in front of a clean amp.

Comment

Working...
                X