Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Klones are out there today ?

KLON TALK :

Except the EHX offering, what sub $200.00 Klon clones are out there, that can be seen as a respectable clone of the all-mighty Klon ?

Thanks to all.
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: What Klones are out there today ?

I use a Silver Pony I put together from Build Your Own Clone - it's a great pedal and does everything I needed/expected it to. They discontinued the kit, however you can still find some floating around Reverb.com.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
      I use a Silver Pony I put together from Build Your Own Clone - it's a great pedal and does everything I needed/expected it to. They discontinued the kit, however you can still find some floating around Reverb.com.

Thanks . . . i will look into them

Wonder why they would disc. a BYOC of such a popular pedal ?
      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

It was a little convoluted, and I'm not sure I ever got to the real story over at the BYOC forums, but it was something like a 'cease and desist' thing from the original Klon designer or a mutual agreement that if they didn't stop, one would be forthcoming. Pity, because it's a great pedal. I can't speak to how close it is to an original, because I haven't tried one, but their YouTube vid comparison is pretty close - and it's all close enough for me. I have mine in the chain immediately after an (always on) Xotic EP Booster and the combination is great.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
          It was a little convoluted, and I'm not sure I ever got to the real story over at the BYOC forums, but it was something like a 'cease and desist' thing from the original Klon designer or a mutual agreement that if they didn't stop, one would be forthcoming. Pity, because it's a great pedal. I can't speak to how close it is to an original, because I haven't tried one, but their YouTube vid comparison is pretty close - and it's all close enough for me. I have mine in the chain immediately after an (always on) Xotic EP Booster and the combination is great.

Thanks for the info mate !

Wonder if they can re-start that pedal, with the exact same internals, but with a very diff name ?

Who will ever know ?

Comment

J. Rocket Archer

ARC Effects Klone

Then you know about the EHX Soul Food.

Of the three, the Soul Food is the cheapest and I've heard it's 95-99% of the way there, but I've also heard great things about the Archer.
            Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
            Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
            Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
            Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
            Line 6 Helix
            Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Wampler Tumnus is a 1590A sized one that is fairing well in shootouts. If I were to buy one it would either be a Klon KTR, Archer or Tumnus.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

There is a great That Pedal Show shoot-out vid on YouTube http://youtu.be/XnDEadZTV80 -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys - keep 'em coming !

Comment

I've got a Soul Food, it's a great pedal, but after playing with an Archer at a shop the other day, the Soul Food has got a bit of a different vibe. I'm now in the market for an Archer (or possibly a Tumnus). The Archer sounded **** good in the store with a Tele into a 68 Custom Deluxe.
                    Go Packers!

Comment

If you are into rolling your own GGG has a kit - http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/...distortion/kc/

Comment

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

If you're interested I'm building a Klon closest copy possible I have access to the original one Klon, analyzied it, made some prototypes. I have original parts shipped from Japan to build it. If you're interested let me know via Private Message.
                            Need of FUZZ ?
                            Need of CENTAUR ?

Comment

There's a Silver Pony up on Reverb for $90 at the moment - which feels like a no-brainer to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X