What Klones are out there today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Klones are out there today ?

Yeah can see the mysteries of life itself here!

Comment

I had an Archer Ikon. Great Klone but I wasn't thrilled with the buffer. I have a Keeley Oxblood, more Klonish than an actual "klone". No germaniums in the Keeley, switchable between silicon and schottky. More versatile and true bypass. Lots of range in the tone control and can be a great clean boost as well. I love that pedal. Check it out if you are open to a more versatile Klonish type pedal.

Comment

What Klones are out there today ?

I picked up a Rimrock Mythical Overdrive. Putting my Soul Food on Craigslist soon.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

+1 to the mythical overdrive. I've tried the soul food, the archer, mythical overdrive, and a real klon, and the mythical od sounded the closest to the real deal, and best overall.
          Quality riffs in about a minute...
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

I dunno what a real Klon sounds like, but at Lew's recommendation I bought an Aluminum Falcon II by Piedmet Custom Electronics and it beat out some stiff competition to win the OD spot on my large board.
            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
              I had an Archer Ikon. Great Klone but I wasn't thrilled with the buffer. I have a Keeley Oxblood, more Klonish than an actual "klone". No germaniums in the Keeley, switchable between silicon and schottky. More versatile and true bypass. Lots of range in the tone control and can be a great clean boost as well. I love that pedal. Check it out if you are open to a more versatile Klonish type pedal.
              From what I've heard of it, I'd get an Oxblood. But then, I am a Keeley fan.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
                the Soul Food is the cheapest and I've heard it's 95-99% of the way there, but I've also heard great things about the Archer.
                The soul food is a cool pedal, and the price is right, but it's too harsh in the upper tone/gain settings. It's a great gateway klone though. I've seen a lot of people buy them, understand what a klon is about, and move on to a more faithful and better sounding klone.
                Quality riffs in about a minute...
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
                  The soul food is a cool pedal, and the price is right, but it's too harsh in the upper tone/gain settings. It's a great gateway klone though. I've seen a lot of people buy them, understand what a klon is about, and move on to a more faithful and better sounding klone.
                  That's pretty much how I feel about my Soul Food. It's a very good pedal, and I definitely wont get rid of it after I step up to a nicer Klone, but I have a feeling it will be mostly relegated to backup duty.
                  Go Packers!

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
                    Gateway Klone. Sure we can legalize Soul Food, but then you'll turn to the harder more addictive stuff. Slippery slope my friend.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

And you probally just need to swap the diodes for some Germanium ones...

Comment

+1 on the Mythical- really, really good.
                        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

"where can I get an expensive boutique pedal that sounds like a more expensive boutique pedal without paying for an expensive boutique pedal"

Originally posted by Brown Note
                          I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                          My Blog

Comment

Thanks to all so far - checking into all of 'em !
                            Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
                              "where can I get an expensive boutique pedal that sounds like a more expensive boutique pedal without paying for an expensive boutique pedal"

That's funny as hell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                                If you are into rolling your own GGG has a kit - http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/...distortion/kc/
                                That looks interesting, and the price is right. Just pulled the trigger on one. Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X