Vintage JEN Mister Crybaby Super and finished Pedalboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vintage JEN Mister Crybaby Super and finished Pedalboard

just stumbled across this thread. i have owned two versions of the dunlop mister super crybaby*.

there were two versions, both with same model name, unfortunately. EW-95V
    1st version:
    in early 90s dunlop licensed the design from jen, ( which had previously made wah/vols with this name in italy, not that common in the US.) they even bought a batch of jen style fasels for the earliest units. all of the jen licensed ones have a single pot, the standard-for-the-era hotpotz1 dunlop/clarostat 100k. no boost or volume adjust on side, but it did have a status LED. fairly traditional wah circuit, no opamps or extra stuff. volume function was activated in the traditional way, same as jen had done it, by disconnecting the inductor's cap from ground. a compromised way to do a volume pedal.

2nd:
    the revised, dual gang pot version replaced this early version after only a couple years , possibly as early as '92 -'93 and was discontinued approx. 2002 or so (?). no longer containing markings about a Jen licensed design. has a 16db boost button and volume adjust on the side. has a ton of 'stuff', opamps and other things on a large PCB. specially sourced pots wear out eventually, last i checked, banzai in germany had replacements but for a lot of dough. it is possible dunlop still has the pots as well but i have not checked.

*i buy, sell & design wah pedals, as well as manufacturing a line of wah parts.

Comment

Working...
    X