banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Matamp... in a pedal? I totally might pull the trigger on this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Green Matamp... in a pedal? I totally might pull the trigger on this.

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    Sounds interesting! Be something cool in the arsenal, but probably not something Id want as my main amp. So, yeah,to get that in a pedal would be knockers!
    Most people prize the thing for its tube power section, which instantly makes it odd considering that these pedals are preamps, yet still do a pretty dang good job at emulating that power section. Those old amps had very few bells and whistles from the days of old before separated master volume and gain amps were a common thing, so they really are more of a sometimes snack kind of amp today. Not really geared for a lot of modern music styles with a lot of effects and preamp saturated stuff unless you had a slew of pedals to get it there, but the character of these guys is pretty unmistakable and hard to replicate. Surprised the Midnight got as close as it did. That being said, I wouldn't say the amp has one sound pre se, but then again, I should button my lip because I have never had the privilege to try one in real life! Only heard it through recordings of others.

Comment

Re: Green Matamp... in a pedal? I totally might pull the trigger on this.

Hi guys! The holy mountain sound good, BUT CHECK THIS ONE UP! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah9XkNweiXI

Comment

Working...
      X