Shimmer Pedal Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimmer Pedal Suggestions

Looking to complete my pedalboard by adding a Shimmer pedal. I have my eyes on either Neunaber Seraphim (lil pricey) or Mr. Black Eterna (still pricey but doable). Haven't read or heard many good reviews on shimmer feature on Mooer Shimverb.

Are there any other good shimmer pedals to contemplate or should I focus my search on the Seraphim or Eterna?
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Re: Shimmer Pedal Suggestions

WTF is a shimmer pedal?

When did chorus + Reverb become not good enough?
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      WTF is a shimmer pedal?

Octave shifting of the reverb'ed signal. Think the intro to With or Without You. The part that sounds like a synthesizer. It's really big in P&W now.

The Strymon Blue Sky also does modulated reverb and standard plate, room and spring. GREAT pedal for ambient soundscapes. The cool thing about Neunaber is that you can reprogram any pedal into one of the others in their lineup. Can the Eterna not shimmer?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Something like the Earthquaker Afterneath?

Comment

How about one of the Hardwire Supernaturals? Several different takes on effected reverb all in one pedal. They're a bit pricey new, like $180, they seem to hold their value pretty well used, selling for about $150 on the 'Bay.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Liko; 01-20-2016, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Line 6's Particle Verb does the trick for that and on the cheap. Get an M5 and go to town and you'll have a few dozen other pedals to boot.

Comment

WTF is a shimmer pedal?
              It shims your tone up so it's at the proper angle.
              Originally posted by Brown Note
              I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
              My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                Octave shifting of the reverb'ed signal. Think the intro to With or Without You. The part that sounds like a synthesizer. It's really big in P&W now.

The Strymon Blue Sky also does modulated reverb and standard plate, room and spring. GREAT pedal for ambient soundscapes. The cool thing about Neunaber is that you can reprogram any pedal into one of the others in their lineup. Can the Eterna not shimmer?
                The Eterna is a good shimmer option. I'm looking mostly at that or Neunaber.The Stymon Blue Sky is amazing, but the price is expensive.
                No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                Mesa Stiletto Ace
                Gurus 5015
                Mesa Widebody 1X12
                Pedalboard

Comment

Didn't know that the Neunaber can be changed to any of their pedal line. That takes TC tone print to a whole nother level. I do like the fact that the Seraphim has a by pass (reverb only to shimmer effect) and now the fact I can swap out the pedal to a different line all together. Hm,mm. Still pricey but a lil more justified.
                  Mesa Stiletto Ace
                  Gurus 5015
                  Mesa Widebody 1X12
                  Pedalboard

Comment

Octave shifting of the reverb'ed signal. Think the intro to With or Without You. The part that sounds like a synthesizer.[/youtube]
                    That is an ebow on the octave up setting.
                    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

The new Boss RV-6 has a really lovely shimmer setting, and also the ability to get 100% wet if you really want to wash your sound in it. It's a lot cheaper than the other options in here and it sounds great. That being said, the Neunebar platform is just overall great. You might want to hold out on buying one until after NAMM because it looks like they are going to release a new pedal with the ability to switch between presets without using a computer connection.
                      Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
                      I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
                      Andrew - None

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                        That is an ebow on the octave up setting.
                        I'm fairly certain the sustain was created through a similar device to an ebow, but fitted to the guitar, and the reverb'ed effect was created by Eno running through a Lexicon reverb and octave up pitch shifter.

That being said, it's been a while since I've done heavy Edge research though, so I'll accept that my memory might be off and it's from different tracks. Regardless, whatever hoops they jumped through in 1984-1987 is now available in a small, pedalboard friendly box.
                        Last edited by PFDarkside; 01-20-2016, 05:01 PM.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Well....nobody has made anything much new since back then for sure!!!!!

Comment

epitome 3 ehx

Comment

WTF is a shimmer pedal?

Haha! I was thinking the same thing! I always thought Shimmering was the term to describe Chorus. lol

I'm fairly certain the sustain was created through a similar device to an ebow, but fitted to the guitar, and the reverb'ed effect was created by Eno running through a Lexicon reverb and octave up pitch shifter.
                              Sustainiac Pickup maybe?

Comment

Working...
                              X