Potato powered pedalboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potato powered pedalboard?

I'm sure Devo has tried this at some point. Has anyone here looked into powering fuzz boxes with any alternative energy sources? The current draw on some ZVEX and Devi pedals is tiny, so I think it would be doable. I don't know about any chorus/delay/modulation type pedals, though. Why bother with power supplies when you can just have a small patch of 5-6 spuds taking up half the board? Maybe tiny windmills for the outdoor shows?

Re: Potato powered pedalboard?

That idea was made for this guitar

Comment

A Fuzz Factory draws 3 mA. This potato battery generates 5 volts and .2mA with 500 lbs of potatoes. This could be problematic. I'm hoping there are more efficient designs, because you can get up around 9 volts with 6 potatoes. I still can't find any figures on the current per potato, though.

Comment

Pour a couple of beers on it. Maybe some sardines and a Ford hub cap.
        Last edited by DrNewcenstein; 01-20-2016, 03:02 AM.
        Originally posted by Brown Note
        I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
        My Blog

Comment

Hamster Wheel?
          "Scalloped & Stickered"
          A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Whatever works.
            Originally posted by Brown Note
            I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
            My Blog

Comment

Working...
            X