• Show
Clear All

• flanger mxr vs boss new electric mistress

hi
    i like my t rex twister 2 because it has very strange sounds

van halen tones
    the cure

it's digital and analog (output)
    but i would like to try the MXR EVH but in the videos i am not sure ABOUT how it sounds

has it strange sounds? like extreme flanger?
    like a robot - computer because with my pedal, i have this too
    like a fast grungy chorus /flanger too

THE BOSS Model has tap tempo : good option

the new electro -harmonix : green pedal, electric mistres, i don't know but i have the epitome too
    but i am sure the new green box would sound better for flanger (even if the epitome has very good sounds, reverb, shimmer, 12 strings and fast flanger-drone-organ)

so, i look for a new flanger with classic Cure-evh tones and strange effects
    analog or the BOSS model

ELECTRIC MISTRESS VS BOSS PURPLE MODEL VS MXR EVH

Re: flanger mxr vs boss new electric mistress

so, which one?MXR?

Comment

I use the grey MXR specifically because that is the one Robert Smith used when he toured with Siouxsie and the Banshees. If you want Van Halen settings, just set everthing to 12 o'clock.

You can get weird if you max everything out but it won't be like whatever you are using now.

I have a Deluxe Electric Mistress which I love to use for palm muted cleans (so you are basically playing the Flanger and not so much your guitar.)

The Boss is great because it has a momentary switch option build in, so if you just want to flange a pick scrape, it is instant.

All are ruggedly built, versatile and offer their own unique sonic help.

If you are a Van Halen fan though, then just go with the MXR EVH...the paint job is awesome which (of course) improves tone. \m/,

Enjoy in good health.

~LD
      For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

do you think the smaller version (the black one with 2 knobs) is very good or not enough / vs the MXR EVH red or white?

i like classic flanger (Smith, disco ) +strange dark sounds+van halen

about the deluxe mistress, i have the epitome 3
        ehx
        i think it's not the same sound but i want to try MXR

Comment

I've got one for sale here...https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?308758-50-Sale!

Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

Working...
          X