Ibanez AD-80 Resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez AD-80 Resurrection

Found this in my drummer's garage, he said I can use/fix it. Dirty as hell, no battery compartment cover, one battery clip broken. He didn't say where it came from, my guess is a guitarist in some past band broke it and just left it there in frustration. Fortunately for me, now I get to toy around with it.

I'll probably be snowed in this weekend, plenty of time to bring it back to life.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5541a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	5839484
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5555.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	5839485
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Re: Ibanez AD-80 Resurrection

A new batteri hatch can still be bought for this one!
    18v of old analouge echo.

Comment

"Hopefully" it's just the clip-thingy!
      "Scalloped & Stickered"
      A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Indeed. We'll soon find out.
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

"If" it's that simple,time to find a wall-wart!
          "Scalloped & Stickered"
          A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Wow, nice grab. It's more than likely just the clips as they were usually first to go and then were usually thrown into a crate as no one wanted to deal with it haha.

I have an FL-301 from around the same era (I think around '79?) and I'm missing the battery cover too...since I use a power supply some tape took care of that pretty quick.
            TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

That's my all-time favourite delay.
              Just be careful when using an adapter--it's 18V with a positive tip.

Comment

Yep, just needed a new clip. Sounds pretty great. Richer/warmer than my Vapor Trail, though not as much useable range (Ibby doesn't have a lot of variance on delay time, Blend isn't terribly effective, and Repeat goes from quite strong at the lowest point to unusably over-the-top at the highest…or anywhere past noon, really). Tis a lovely delay sound though.

Last edited by ex-250; 01-22-2016, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Very warm delay. You could easily roll the bass down on the first section, though the lead lines sounded nice and rich. I take it you like Pink Floyd

Comment

Just a quick dick-around, didn't worry much about tweaking the tone. Thats actually a Whole Lotta Humbucker neck model split in my LTD Viper.

And yes, as a matter of fact Echoes is my favorite Pink Floyd song. And thats pretty much my go-to riff when toying with delays.

Out of curiosity I tried putting the battery door from my Maxon OD-9 on it- perfect fit. Found one on ebay/reverb for $15 so I may just do that.

Comment

Like I said, I can hear the influence.

Comment

There are trimmers inside
                        Mark the spot where they are now....one is for trimming time, it will give you more artifacts if you push the BBD for longer delay...but then again...it is lo-fi to start with.
                        The other...well I forgot...haha
                        Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 01-23-2016, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Ah nice, I'll have to crack it open and fiddle with it, a bit more time and it'd be perfect. Was planning on opening it up anyhow, bought some contact cleaner for the pots (although I was expecting some scratchiness given the mountain of dust on top of the pedal but they're actually not at all).

Comment

Nice score!
                            Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
                            If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

oh hell yes….

Dig up a cover on the bay.

Much Win, win, win..… The force is strong in this one, one, one, one…..
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X