NAMM 2016: New SD Boost/Overdrive Pedal - The Palladium Gain Stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAMM 2016: New SD Boost/Overdrive Pedal - The Palladium Gain Stage

Yeah, the ones with the 5 band eq are 300 bucks, direct competition with the SD. If it was like 220 I might consider it, as the Mesa is more of a mid gain pedal. But at 300 bones I would get the high gain mesa 11 times out of 10.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
      Yeah, the ones with the 5 band eq are 300 bucks, direct competition with the SD. If it was like 220 I might consider it, as the Mesa is more of a mid gain pedal. But at 300 bones I would get the high gain mesa 11 times out of 10.

I'd love to try one of those out but none of the shops around here sell them. I'm gonna have to head up to Chicago Music Exchange next time I go home.
      Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
      Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
      Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
      Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
      Line 6 Helix
      Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

I didn't get to play mine before I bought it and I can say honestly that it's one of the best amp in a box pedals I've ever used. In fact, it's the only one I own and I don't plan on getting any more.

Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12

Comment

I didn't get to play mine before I bought it and I can say honestly that it's one of the best amp in a box pedals I've ever used. In fact, it's the only one I own and I don't plan on getting any more.

I'm a tester. I've only bought one guitar without having played it and thankfully I love it. All my pedals have been ones that I've played before buying.
          Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
          Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
          Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
          Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
          Line 6 Helix
          Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

First demo I found so far.

Who took my guitar?

Comment

. From what I understand, Duncan pedals are only put together here - to save money. Which makes the 300 dollar price tag perplexing.
              Palladium is Made in the USA, which means that it's designed in Santa Barbara and manufactured in the USA, with quality parts sourced in the US and around the world.
              Last edited by Max Gutnik; 01-26-2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Gutnik View Post
                Palladium is Made in the USA, which means that it's designed in Santa Barbara and manufactured in the USA, with quality parts sourced in the US and around the world.
                I'm sorry for spreading incorrect information. I was under the impression that some of the work was done overseas. Either I got bad information or I was thinking of some of your older pedals.
                Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

I'm sorry for spreading incorrect information. I was under the impression that some of the work was done overseas. Either I got bad information or I was thinking of some of your older pedals.
                  Some of our pedals do carry the designation "Designed and Assembled in Santa Barbara." These pedals are designed in Santa Barbara, just like our Made in USA pedals, with some of the manufacturing outside the United States, and final assembly and testing at our Santa Barbara factory.

We use both country of orgin designations because we always want to be clear and transparent about how and where we are making our products. Regardless of which label is used, our passion and obsession for amazing sound, quality and reliability is reflected in every product we make.
                  Last edited by Max Gutnik; 01-26-2016, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Here's Keith demoing the Palladium. All of the gain sounds are from the Palladium Gain Stage Pedal, through clean signal chains.

Let us know what you think!
                    Last edited by Max Gutnik; 02-23-2016, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Anybody know when its going to be shipping?

Comment

Originally posted by rockridge98 View Post
                        Anybody know when its going to be shipping?
                        March

Comment

The dedicated page is here. More demos/sound clips/videos should be forthcoming in the next few weeks.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I really like the specs; high gain and great EQ controll, can't wait to try it out!

Comment

Now Shipping!

The Palladium Gain Stage effects pedal is the first stompbox that actually captures the feel and responsiveness of a high gain tube amp.

Comment

Here is a new demo- this thing is remarkable.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X