NPDx2: Mooer content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPDx2: Mooer content

So I'm looking for a little practice board, or a backup. Eitherway….

I decided to make a Mooer Mini Board:

Mooer Black Secret - Rat
    Mooer Pure Boost - Clean Boost for solos
    Mooer Ensemble King - Chorus for 80's awesome
    Mooer Reecho - And delay

I got the Black Secret and the ensemble King today.

REALLY dig the Black Secret! Very, very Ratty! Definitely a solid distortion sound, filter control and all, plus a Turbo mode (as if regular isn't enough…)

The Ensemble King is kind of a one trick pony. Not that extreme or anything, but a very nice chorus sound. Kinda CE-2 like IMO.

Can't wait for the Reecho and Boost tomorrow! All powering with a One spot. I'll be able to carry this little package all neat and tidy on a little board and plug and go!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: NPDx2: Mooer content

Reecho is ok. There was something about the controls that I didn't care for, but can't remember it now. It's usable, just not as flexible as I would like. I prefer my old Dan-Echo for my rare forays into delay-ville

Comment

The ReEcho is meh. The AnaEcho is where it's at for Mooer delays. I have one on my gigging board to use for slapback and short delay stuff.

I've wanted to get a Pure Boost. I have the Flex Boost, but I think I want something a bit cleaner.

I've heard nothing but praise for the Black Secret, but not being a huge fan of Rats, I haven't ever tried one.
      Go Packers!

Comment

I listened to a bunch of Mooer Delay clips. In all honesty, didn't seem to matter to me. They all made delays.

I have heard the Anaecho love, and may yet get one of those. Echolizer and repeater also seemed ok. I'll likely just use one Reecho setting anyway. I'm NOT looking for warm analog delay goodness anyhow.

Comment

Curious about your review of the Ensemble King, and how it compares to your other chorus pedals.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Congrats on the NPD!

Would you say you prefer the Mooer Black Secret over the Rat or is that not a fair comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
              Congrats on the NPD!

Would you say you prefer the Mooer Black Secret over the Rat or is that not a fair comparison?
              Since my Rat pedal du jour is this (into Marshall):

I'm not even going to pretend to be objective. I dig the real Rat's bass tone/response a little better definitely. But seriously - this little guy really does a great job. A Rat 2 or the Mooer? Flip a coin.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                Curious about your review of the Ensemble King, and how it compares to your other chorus pedals.
                Well, my other Chorus's at the moment:

1. Washburn Accelerator series SC-2; Thick Sweet 80's Metal Chorus.
                - The SC-2 is just "more" of "that" sound.
                2. Digitech CF7 Chorus Factory; Boss SC1, Chorus Ensemble, Clone, Choral-Flange, TC Chorus, Voodoo Lab Corus models and at least one other….plus 6 controls per model….
                - I'll put this up against anything Imagine a Clone with Level, Rate, Depth, High Cut, Low EQ, and Pre-delay time. Seriously? You can't compete with that kind of power.

It's a solid Chorus. Like I said - more CE2 than SC1 or Ensemble. It's a nice sound. Not too deep or too goopy. I really like it. Good all around sound, if only one sound. Has a transparency I kinda dig. Great little pedal. That + Rat = much 80's metal win!

And update: Pure Boost and Reecho have just arrived!
                Last edited by Aceman; 01-26-2016, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  I'm NOT looking for warm analog delay goodness anyhow.
                  If you aren't looking for a warm analog delay, you definitely aren't looking for the AnaEcho. Sounds like you made the right call!
                  Go Packers!

Comment

Actually - I kinda dig the Reecho…interesting collection of sounds:

Analog - standard delay, nice sound
                    Real Echo - kinda like delay w/ reverb. I like it
                    Tape Echo - sounds really analog

I'll likely use analog mostly. Nice to have the options though….Real Echo can get more spacey if I want that, and don't have verb.

Pure boost level is twitchy, but totally works. Little gain, little treble, and some level - BAM!

Comment

^REEcho>> RE201 Roland Space Echo, it's spaceeyyyy without occupying much space

Comment

Cool, that would be a fun board.

I have their Polytune knock off and their Echolizer. Decent stuff for sure.

My only problem with the mini pedals. I keep knocking the damn things loose and they end up sideways/over/upside down hehe
                        My Bands -
                        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
                          ^REEcho>> RE201 Roland Space Echo, it's spaceeyyyy without occupying much space
                          And sounds nothing like one.

That pedal drove me nuts, but glad Bob is getting some use out of it.
                          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Space Echo? I don't think so.

Neat delay? Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                              Cool, that would be a fun board.

I have their Polytune knock off and their Echolizer. Decent stuff for sure.

My only problem with the mini pedals. I keep knocking the damn things loose and they end up sideways/over/upside down hehe
                              Have strap them down good, and use solid connectors….

Comment

Working...
                              X