NPD: Klon Klone arrived.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: Klon Klone arrived.

Can't wait to get this assembled and tested. Film@11.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Klon-Klone.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	5839525

Re: NPD: Klon Klone arrived.

Sweet man! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

Comment

Have fun!
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Right before you turn it on for the first time, you're supposed to bless it and sprinkle fairy dust upon it.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
          Right before you turn it on for the first time, you're supposed to bless it and sprinkle fairy dust upon it.
          Can I just soak it in barley & hops?

Anywhoo . . . Got the board populated. Now I just need to create a suitable enclosure.

Name:	Klon-Klone-03.jpg
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	5789892

My soldering, up for inspection:

Name:	Klon-Klone-04.jpg
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	5789893

I need to work on my photography skills.

Artie
          Last edited by ArtieToo; 01-26-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Artie - nice work, and I hope it sounds great - quick question, several of your components are vertical rather than horizontal, is that just a function of space on the board?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
              . . . quick question, several of your components are vertical rather than horizontal, is that just a function of space on the board?
              Yes. Not all of the lands match the components. But even more than that, the construction photos don't match the actual supplied components. For example, check out this photo: (My board superimposed over their construction photo.)

Name:	Klon-Klone-05.jpg
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	5789894

Note that the red arrows point to tall, cylindrical caps. Green arrows point to short, little caps. Note that their photo is the exact opposite to what I installed. My cap values match the circuit board designations and schematic perfectly. Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking the good folks at GuitarGadgets. They clearly state, in the instructions, that this is not a "beginners" project. But even with 40+ years of electronics experience . . . that one threw me for a loop. For a sec.

Anyway, if anyone decides to do one of these, I'll be happy to help with tech details, and "tips & tricks".

I still need to wire it all up and listen to it.

Artie

Comment

I've built quite a few GGG projects and haven't been disappointed in one yet The BSAIB and Guv'nor are great pedals and I have a Phase 45 with a switch for a 10:1 cap pair for more of a Univibe kinda sound. Good stuff, you can tell their layouts are by hand thought, I'd love to straighten some of the routing up, but for the price you can buy their boards/kits, it's not worth laying out a board and having them made, so, I guess I'm saying, if it works... Just having laid out PCBs in the past, it makes me wince a little when I look at them purely from a routing neatness POV. The component side looks great though.

Oops, sorry for the diatribe, I would just go with the schematic and not worry about their pics too much, I'm not sure i ever looked that closely at the pics on one of their kits, usually just followed the schematics and I've never had a problem (knock on wood, etc...).

Definitely let us know how it sounds!

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                  I would just go with the schematic and not worry about their pics too much, I'm not sure i ever looked that closely at the pics on one of their kits, usually just followed the schematics and I've never had a problem (knock on wood, etc...).

Definitely let us know how it sounds!
                  Yeah, that's more-or-less what I do. I'll definitely post clips when she's done. Trying to decide on an enclosure now.

The Guv'nor looks interesting too. I may check that out if this works out ok.

Comment

Yeah, I love the orignal Guv'nors, I don't have one right now, probably need to fix that... It's a pretty basic dual TL072 opamp (jfet based opamp) distortion box with LEDs for clipping and a really nice EQ section.

The BSIAB is very cool too, I recommend the one with the contour control. It's the basic circuit a lot of the Marshally "amp in a box" pedals are based on, CMat Brownie, Wampler Pinnacle, Catalinbread DLS and others, list goes on... It's uses jfets as "tubes", sounds great.
                    Last edited by devastone; 02-02-2016, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Well,Artie?

How goes it?

"Scalloped & Stickered"
                      A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Working...
                      X