X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Delay before or after reverb

Before, or whatever sounds best to you.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I run my delay before everything else in general. But I may be alone there.
      Originally posted by Aceman
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
        I run my delay before everything else in general. But I may be alone there.
        Interesting, as a doubling/fattening effect or longer?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Nope, longer. For whatever reason I tend to order my pedals opposite of most people, it just seems to work better for me. Guitar -> Delay -> Modulation -> Fuzz -> Wah -> Amp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	goldmember.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	5789913
          Originally posted by Aceman
          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Cool, might have to try it.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Reverb is always the last effect in the chain for me (usually straight from the amp itself).
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Not wanting to highjack this post, but do you like vintage fuzz or newer fuzz?

PS: Payback is a Xitch!
                Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                  Reverb is always the last effect in the chain for me (usually straight from the amp itself).
                  I have 95% of pedals in and almost ready to go. My delima now is that I have a TC Spark mini boost. I use it for volume boost only for solos. Do you recommend it to before modulation or after everything?
                  sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

hi guitarSQUIRELL,
                    I have two boost choices...my Fender Blues Jr has a "fat" switch which I guess is about a 10dB clean boost that I would call last in the fx chain. My Tech21 FlyRig has a 21dB boost at the start of the fx chain thus before the dirt section. I run this boost also at close to 10dB but even without the dirt turned on this boost adds some dirt of its own compared to the amp based boost. So guess you should place boost Last for cleanest boost or First if you are ok with a touch of grit. I do run a wah before the Tech21 so technically that boost is 2nd in the chain....you get the idea I'm sure. Enjoy...I have played since 1970 and never owned a boost before 2015. Useful little guys.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I always put my boost first, so the hotter signal hits everything. I like hotter signals hitting the overdrives.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Uploaded this for Anthony, his Hall of Fame and Dreamscape pedals.

Comment

Thanks man. Really appreciate it. Now I got to learn that program some.
                          sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
                            I have 95% of pedals in and almost ready to go. My delima now is that I have a TC Spark mini boost. I use it for volume boost only for solos. Do you recommend it to before modulation or after everything?
                            I would experiment if I was you. Try all possible positions for the booster, and use the one that you think word best over all.

In the last band I played guitar in (I'm primarily a bass player), I always used to run my Pickup Booster first in the chain. Now I have a clean boost built into my Mesa/Boogie instead, so I don't use the Pickup Booster (unless I am using one of my older amps). But I didn't rely a lot on pedals, so my rig was very simple. I had a Pickup Booster, a treble booster, and a tremolo (and every now and then an overdrive, but not that often). With a more complex pedal chain, a booster might not work well up front. I'm not sure; I've never had a big-ol' pedal setup with which to experiment.
                            Originally posted by LesStrat
                            Yogi Berra was correct.
                            Originally posted by JOLLY
                            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I've been liking delay after reverb lately.

Ask me in a couple months and I'll have changed my answer I'm sure.
                              Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                              Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                              Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                              Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                              Line 6 Helix
                              Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Since my rack FX units have always been laid out with Delay going into Reverb, I prefer it that way. It's not like I have much choice, though

From a logic standpoint, however, reverb tends to repeat the signal more than delay (unless you're talking effect-delay, like the "mad rush swell then turn the pedal off" or "ending to the album version of War Pigs done live"), so you can get nice trailing effects from the reverb by putting it last. Putting the delay last, you get the reverb overloading the delay repeats, and could make things mushy if you've got the "cathedral/canyon" reverb going for solos.

Then again, I've also been using Delay-as-Reverb for years, because I have more control over the volume of the repeats and the decay slope with the units I have. If I do have actual Reverb, it's set for a reverse or "Poltergeist" effect (which I like much better than the actual Reverse Reverb in my rack stuff).
                                Originally posted by Brown Note
                                I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                                My Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X