advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice

i need to get a decent di box i think? i need a way to record 2 mics at once ive been using a rednecked rig where i plug my dynamic mic into a bass amp then amp into mic jack on pc to use bass amp as a 1 channel pre amp but i need to record 2 channels now and dont think that will work budget is less than 200 if possible not lookin for studio quality but like youtube worthy?
    [shameless advertisement] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1..._as=subscriber

Originally posted by BloodRose
    And, any time you get hung up with your vocals, scream YA UH! OOOOOOOO... Works for Het...

Re: advice

these are great. 200 bucks well spent.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

so.... kinda new to this but looks like a lotta holes...... *is slightly overwhelmed an confused* must research more

And, any time you get hung up with your vocals, scream YA UH! OOOOOOOO... Works for Het...

Comment

Yeah man a DI box isn't going to do **** for you. You need a basic 2 channel audio interface. Presonus audiobox, stienburg UR22, etc...
        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
          Yeah man a DI box isn't going to do **** for you. You need a basic 2 channel audio interface. Presonus audiobox, stienburg UR22, etc...
          im so confused whats the difference? ive been playing awhile but im new to recording imean as i said iusually put a dynamic mic into a bass amp then use a 1/4 in to .9mm adapter to plug into the mic input on my pc into audacity but now i need to record 2 guitar amps at once

Comment

Get a simple 2 channel interface and read the manual. Some good headphones too. You won't be sorry.
            Last edited by Chickenwings; 02-01-2016, 04:29 PM.
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
              Get a simple 2 channel interface and read the manual. Some good headphones too. You won't be sorry.
              This. Let us know when you have some clips.
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Typically a multi-channel interface will have drivers that make it, or will otherwise natively be, compatible with your multi-tracking software, which will allow you to specify that a specific track only receives signal from a specific Input/Source, meaning Track 1 receives from only Channel 1 and Track 2 only receives from Channel 2 of your interface.

Each one is worded differently, so RTFM
                Originally posted by Brown Note
                I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                  these are great. 200 bucks well spent.
                  http://tascam.com/product/us-366/
                  While Behringer has (earned) a reputation for manufacturing crap, their more recent pro audio stuff isn't bad and the MIDAS preamps sound quite good. If cost is a concern, I'd suggest this $80 interface instead:

Originally posted by LesStrat
                  make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                  My Music

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee View Post
                    While Behringer has (earned) a reputation for manufacturing crap, their more recent pro audio stuff isn't bad and the MIDAS preamps sound quite good. If cost is a concern, I'd suggest this $80 interface instead:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UMC204HD
                    thanks that looks alot simpler i just wanna record 2 amps at once so this should work great

Comment

If you would have looked at any of our suggestions you would have seen that this is exactly what we've been suggesting...

Comment

If you would have looked at any of our suggestions you would have seen that this is exactly what we've been suggesting...
                        i srry i looked at all suggestions just quoted the most recent one my bad, and thanks im still not sure if theres is a diff between di box and audio interface but ill burn that bridge when i get to it, the bheringer one looks best for me cuz alot of 5star reviews and a decent price point my only concern is durability but that shouldnt be to big an issue cuz i shouldnt be moving it to terribly much

Comment

In the simplest terms:

An audio interface allows you to input audio into your computer, usually multi-channel.

A DI box converts high impedence signals (i.e. output from a pickup) to a low impedence (i.e. mic signal) signal. usually to connect a bass or other instruments for use in a microphone input. If you were to use a DI it would be Bass > DI > Interface.

Comment

In the simplest terms:

An audio interface allows you to input audio into your computer, usually multi-channel.

A DI box converts high impedence signals (i.e. output from a pickup) to a low impedence (i.e. mic signal) signal. usually to connect a bass or other instruments for use in a microphone input. If you were to use a DI it would be Bass > DI > Interface.
                            ok but so would that mean if im micing a bass amp it would be bass>amp>mic>interface?

Comment

^ Yes, this is exactly right.
                              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
                              X