Re: advice

^ Yes, this is exactly right.

Leave a comment:

• dazedandconfused001
    replied

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
    In the simplest terms:

An audio interface allows you to input audio into your computer, usually multi-channel.

A DI box converts high impedence signals (i.e. output from a pickup) to a low impedence (i.e. mic signal) signal. usually to connect a bass or other instruments for use in a microphone input. If you were to use a DI it would be Bass > DI > Interface.
    ok but so would that mean if im micing a bass amp it would be bass>amp>mic>interface?

Leave a comment:

• Kamanda~SD
    replied

In the simplest terms:

An audio interface allows you to input audio into your computer, usually multi-channel.

A DI box converts high impedence signals (i.e. output from a pickup) to a low impedence (i.e. mic signal) signal. usually to connect a bass or other instruments for use in a microphone input. If you were to use a DI it would be Bass > DI > Interface.

Leave a comment:

• dazedandconfused001
    replied

If you would have looked at any of our suggestions you would have seen that this is exactly what we've been suggesting...
    i srry i looked at all suggestions just quoted the most recent one my bad, and thanks im still not sure if theres is a diff between di box and audio interface but ill burn that bridge when i get to it, the bheringer one looks best for me cuz alot of 5star reviews and a decent price point my only concern is durability but that shouldnt be to big an issue cuz i shouldnt be moving it to terribly much

Leave a comment:

• Kamanda~SD
    replied

If you would have looked at any of our suggestions you would have seen that this is exactly what we've been suggesting...

Leave a comment:

• dazedandconfused001
    replied

Originally posted by aleclee View Post
    While Behringer has (earned) a reputation for manufacturing crap, their more recent pro audio stuff isn't bad and the MIDAS preamps sound quite good. If cost is a concern, I'd suggest this $80 interface instead:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UMC204HD
    thanks that looks alot simpler i just wanna record 2 amps at once so this should work great

Leave a comment:

• aleclee
    replied

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
    these are great. 200 bucks well spent.
    http://tascam.com/product/us-366/
    While Behringer has (earned) a reputation for manufacturing crap, their more recent pro audio stuff isn't bad and the MIDAS preamps sound quite good. If cost is a concern, I'd suggest this $80 interface instead:

Leave a comment:

• DrNewcenstein
    replied

Typically a multi-channel interface will have drivers that make it, or will otherwise natively be, compatible with your multi-tracking software, which will allow you to specify that a specific track only receives signal from a specific Input/Source, meaning Track 1 receives from only Channel 1 and Track 2 only receives from Channel 2 of your interface.

Each one is worded differently, so RTFM

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
    Get a simple 2 channel interface and read the manual. Some good headphones too. You won't be sorry.
    This. Let us know when you have some clips.

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

Get a simple 2 channel interface and read the manual. Some good headphones too. You won't be sorry.
    Last edited by Chickenwings; 02-01-2016, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dazedandconfused001
    replied

Yeah man a DI box isn't going to do **** for you. You need a basic 2 channel audio interface. Presonus audiobox, stienburg UR22, etc...
    im so confused whats the difference? ive been playing awhile but im new to recording imean as i said iusually put a dynamic mic into a bass amp then use a 1/4 in to .9mm adapter to plug into the mic input on my pc into audacity but now i need to record 2 guitar amps at once

Leave a comment:

• Kamanda~SD
    replied

Yeah man a DI box isn't going to do **** for you. You need a basic 2 channel audio interface. Presonus audiobox, stienburg UR22, etc...

Leave a comment:

• dazedandconfused001
    replied

so.... kinda new to this but looks like a lotta holes...... *is slightly overwhelmed an confused* must research more

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

these are great. 200 bucks well spent.

Leave a comment:

• dazedandconfused001
    started a topic advice

advice

i need to get a decent di box i think? i need a way to record 2 mics at once ive been using a rednecked rig where i plug my dynamic mic into a bass amp then amp into mic jack on pc to use bass amp as a 1 channel pre amp but i need to record 2 channels now and dont think that will work budget is less than 200 if possible not lookin for studio quality but like youtube worthy?
Working...
X