banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Built my first pedal board and it actually surprised me.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built my first pedal board and it actually surprised me.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	5840156

I built my board from an old pallet, attached Velcro, ordered pedals and wired up everything. I played it today after I put my final volume pedal on it and it really surprised me how quiet this setup really is. The digital processors I've always used have never been this quiet.

SIGNAL FLOW: Guitar---EB VPjr---Behringer TO100 OD---Mad Professor Golden Cello---TC Dreamscape---TC Flashback---TC HoF mini---TC Spark mini---VOX AC15. Tuner is on the tuner out of the volume pedal.
    sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Re: Built my first pedal board and it actually surprised me.....

Well done!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Looks good!
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Great job man!

My favorite part about individual pedals vs a multi-effect is being able to combine and stack drives, and get everything dialed in for a wide range of tones. Have fun dialing in all the possible tones in your new board!
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Clever idea, but it seems kind of bulky to lug around to gigs. Is that a wah or a volume pedal?
          Last edited by blueman335; 02-06-2016, 10:13 AM.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Nice job! looks pro! Having recently done a board myself, to me it was a very cool thing. A) finally having a "proper" board, and B) the having done it myself part. The only negative for me is Im so picky, I keep wishing Id done this or that diff.. And make myself realize its fine cuz I dont have the money to buy one.. haha sad huh??

Enjoy it!

Aceman, thats a cool pic! looks almost 3d. I had to do a double take tho. With the flames in the hair, I had to make sure it wasnt michael jackson.. hahahahaa
            Last edited by BloodRose; 02-06-2016, 11:44 AM.
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
              Clever idea, but it seems kind of bulky to lug around to gigs. Is that a wah or a volume pedal?
              Actually, it only weighs around 7-8 pounds. It's was made from a lite beech wood pallet. That's a Ernie Ball VP Jr. volume pedal. I have a wah (not pictured) that will not be part of the chain constantly.

Comment

Thanks everyone. It has been a headache ordering all them and hoping they produced the sound/tone I was wanting since I ordered them without playing a single one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
                  Actually, it only weighs around 7-8 pounds. It's was made from a lite beech wood pallet.

I was referring to the size and shape more than the weight. Do you have a case/bag/box for it?
                  "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                  "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                  "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Cool idea. Nicely done.

Comment

Well done!

It makes my heart proud to see that Golden Cello on your board!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
                        Thanks everyone. It has been a headache ordering all them and hoping they produced the sound/tone I was wanting since I ordered them without playing a single one of them.
                        Dude nice choice on the TC pedals. Love the dreamscape.
                        Originally posted by grumptruck
                        No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                        Originally posted by Gear Used
                        PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                        Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                        Mesa Stiletto Ace
                        Gurus 5015
                        Mesa Widebody 1X12
                        Pedalboard

Comment

Looks like a nice setup with some great pedal choices. I'm a big fan of the flashback delay - I have the x4 here on my board. How do you like the tc spark boost? That's one I've been interested in trying.

Comment

Nice!
                            "Scalloped & Stickered"
                            A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Looks really good!

I am a recent convert to pedals (the past few years), and bought MANY, and sold many, before settling into the two dozen-ish 'must have' pedals for me. I add maybe a pedal or two per year now, just filling in odd little niches ... it never really ends, which is the "fun" part.

For recording, I LOVE opening up the pedal crate and planning out each guitar layer. For gigging, I tend to follow the KISS rule and have one point of control (a loop switcher or ABY).

What is this board for (gigging, jamming at home, etc)? Are you running all of them into the front of your amp?
                              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
                              X