X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearjoneser
    replied
    Re: Way Huge Green Rhino

Yeah, the Green Rhino has a lot of volume on tap, which probably gives it more headroom when it's set at unison volume. It's a pedal where the gain and volume may be set a bit lower than you would on some other OD's.

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

I didnt catch this thread til after the deed was done.. But I too love my GR.. Replaced my TS on my board. GJ hit it on the nose.. Its great in that aspect, not as great for a hot setup. BUT.. Gives enough control to dial in about any thing.. Its the goodness of a tubescreamer, but allows allows more control and goes above and beyond the TS..

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied

^ I'm the boss, so I could get away with it...

I got to spend a few minutes with the GR into the Super. It sounds great with my Strat and the new Tele. The bass and mid controls really let you fine tune the sound, on top of the rest of the extremely responsive controls. This thing has way more volume boost than I was expecting. I usually wait for the family to step out to crank up the amp, but I may have to drag it out into the garage.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny the Kid
    replied

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Man, it seems like you are getting sick? You should probably go home early.
    And it would be a shame if that sickness carried through tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

Man, it seems like you are getting sick? You should probably go home early.

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied

So, here I am, Green Rhino in hand... At work, unable to try it out for another 6 hours or so.

The rest of the day is going to DRAG.

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
    I think Agile Guy has one of those for sale.
    Thanks, that's the one I'm buying.

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    replied

I think Agile Guy has one of those for sale.

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    I've got a line on one for a great deal thanks to someone on here. After watching a bunch of more demos, I can't wait to get it. Thanks again for the recommendation, GJ.
    I think you'll dig that OD pedal. The original Way Huge pedals from the early 90's would be a thing of folklore and super expensive if Dunlop hadn't reissued them. That means you're essentially getting a $500+ pedal for $100.

It doubles as a pedalboard light......the blue LED is like a car's headlight!

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

Its not cheap but i prefer the xotic AC over the rhino.

However, for cheap thrills and fat tones into a clean fender, the nobels odr-1 is an often overlooked tone monster.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

CAn't forget Bad Monkey, or a BD-2 from Boss with a Keeley mod!

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

So many flavors of Screamer these days. Might I suggest either of these from Ibanez:

The TS9DX with 4 modes, more bass, hotter, etc…

Also from Ibanez - SD9M; the Sonic Distortion Modded. Way cooler than a screamer IMO….

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied

I've got a line on one for a great deal thanks to someone on here. After watching a bunch of more demos, I can't wait to get it. Thanks again for the recommendation, GJ.

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

There's a couple reasons I like the Green Rhino with blackface/silverface Fenders.
    First, the Green Rhino has great control over every aspect of the sound, especially the fatness aka 100hZ knob, so your effected sound isn't skinnier than the straight signal.

Also, the Green Rhino has just the right amount of compression, so it sounds more like your power tubes being turned up, and also gives you perfect sustain. A drier pedal may give your amp more crunch, but doesn't sustain quite as well.

If someone were asking for a pedal for an already gainy amp, I'd suggest something different, just because the GR may be too bloated, compressed, and sustaining for that purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Firebrand
    replied

A small builder, Red House (RHE) makes a Mint Drive. This pedal runs $139 and is worth every penny. Super low noise floor and a great dynamic range.

http://www.redhouseelectronics.com/product/mint-drive

Leave a comment:

Working...
X