OD into Dist vs Dist indo OD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OD into Dist vs Dist indo OD

What do you think? What are the pros and cons that you've found for each?
    Guitars:
    Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:
    Peavey MX VTX, Bugera 333x Infinium

Pedals:
    AMT SS-11B

Re: OD into Dist vs Dist indo OD

Overdrive into distortion. That way you can use it to add a bit more hair to it. Distortion into overdrive just gets muddy.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

I typically run one pedal at a time; however, I enjoy over-driving my Distortion pedals EXCEPT for my Suhr Riot...it doesn't need any help whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
        Overdrive into distortion. That way you can use it to add a bit more hair to it. Distortion into overdrive just gets muddy.

I prefer the opposite. I have fuzz and distortion pedals between my guitar and the OD. The difference may be that I have the gain set fairly low and the volume set so that it is slightly louder than the old unity gain. It is the new unity gain since the OD is always on. It just seems like they play together better that way and I always try it the other way first.

Right now I am running a Jetter 45/100 Gold into a JHS Muffuletta fuzz into a Wampler Ecstacy.

The bottom line is - try it both ways and see which one works best for you. My goal is always the most sustain with the least amount of noise and compression.
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

this

Comment

Both/either depending on what I want to hear. "There is neither right nor wrong, there is just what is" (or something like that)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Overdrive into distortion. That way you can use it to add a bit more hair to it.
              That's the way I've been doing it,seems to work OK...
              "Scalloped & Stickered"
              A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

I usually run lower gain into higher gain. Like it was mentioned before, if you run. High gain into a low gain it tends to get to muddy. The only exception to that on my board is my Rat pedal. Which I only use wide open to make my guitar sound like death.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought so... I tried the common method first OD into Dist, but I thought there was too much noise and hardly and volume gain. While the sound wasn't muddy when I switched them around it was night and day difference! It was a much tighter, focused-er, clearer, and present sound. Plues the pedal noise was reduce. Also, the volume can go up as a solo boost. It was amazing. I thought it was weird, but I said might as well and I love this setup.
                  Guitars:
                  Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:
                  Peavey MX VTX, Bugera 333x Infinium

Pedals:
                  AMT SS-11B

Comment

Put the pedal you kike more last
                    Originally posted by Myaccount876
                    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Gonna have to say OD into Distortion. Gives it a hair but more "boost" if you will and adds that extra hairy sound for a nice well Overdriven Dostortion sound for rock.
                      sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

Working...
                      X