New Pedals Day / Pedalboard Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pedals Day / Pedalboard Completed

After a couple months of buying/trading/selling, I finally acquired the last 2 pedals I needed to complete my board. Thinking back to my previous boards and rigs, I've come a long way. I went back to the basics. Only using pedals I would use regularly. This is essentially a stripped down, bare essential yet very versatile board. I pull all dirt from my amp (I prefer it that way).

TC Electronic Polytune (Tuner)
    Mister Crybaby Super (Volume/Wah)
    TC Spark Mini (Clean Boost)
    Joyo Dyna Comp (Compressor)
    TC Electronic Dreamscape (Chorus/Flange/Vibrato)
    Cusack Delay TME (Delay)
    Neunaber Seraphim (Shimmer/Reverb)

Honestly I can't think of anymore I would ever need or use for that matter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pedals.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	5840230
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Re: New Pedals Day / Pedalboard Completed

Nice ... going for simplicity - it's the new wave! What is the source of the green light under the board?
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
      Nice ... going for simplicity - it's the new wave! What is the source of the green light under the board?
      I have a LED strip in a snake formation under the board. It's multi colored, so it changes colors every few seconds.
      No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
      Mesa Stiletto Ace
      Gurus 5015
      Mesa Widebody 1X12
      Pedalboard

Comment

Mesa Stiletto Ace
        Gurus 5015
        Mesa Widebody 1X12
        Pedalboard

Comment

Mesa Stiletto Ace
          Gurus 5015
          Mesa Widebody 1X12
          Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
            I finally acquired the last 2 pedals I needed to complete my board.

Honestly I can't think of anymore I would ever need or use for that matter.
            heh
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I don't know if I am ever done. I thought I was, then I heard the 805 Overdrive. Then I switched out my chorus for the Catalina Chorus...well, you know the deal.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Congrats on getting it set! I've tried before...downgraded my pedals only to go out and double what I had before. lol

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                  Congrats on getting it set! I've tried before...downgraded my pedals only to go out and double what I had before. lol
                  I totally get this; you think you can get by with a small subset that you commonly use, but then there's this one song that just has to have the phaser or the ring modulator that otherwise sits unclicked the rest of your practice/noodle time (or your gig).

Right now my own board is fairly spartan and steady-state mainly due to lack of funds: tuner, compressor, OD, classic dirt, chorus, reverb. If money was no object, I'd be looking into a new tuner (TC Polytune 2 to replace the Boss TU-2), new compressor (current is a CS-3 which is OK but very noisy; looking at a Keeley 4-knob or MXR M87, or an Empress or Keeley Comp Pro if money was really no object), and a wah (current shortlist are the MC404 and Clyde Deluxe).
                  Last edited by Liko; 02-17-2016, 10:46 AM.

Comment

That Shimmer pedal is cool. Kind of like having a Keyboard quietly backing up.
                    You can now get your Yanni and Andreas Vollenweider vibe going!
                    Last edited by J E C; 02-17-2016, 11:45 AM.
                    Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
                    If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

Looks nice!! Love the under lighting!! I did the same. had a ginormous board with all kinda stuff on it. Built a stripped down board of essentials. Building another board for "flavors" so Ill have a quick easy way to go to the next level if needed..
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                      X