Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hot Rod Deluxe Drive Pedal Recommendations

Originally posted by Mukobi View Post
    Is there a cheap clone of the Golden Cello?
    I am not aware of any; however, there was a flood of cheap GCs on Amazon, don't know if they were real or fake.

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    How about the good ol' Boss Super Overdrive?
    I have not tried the Super Overdrive through my Hot Rod Deluxe, the Keeley Modded DS-1 I had didn't really take too well to my HRD...I think it was better suited for a Marshall, IMO.

Comment

I have a ton of OD pedals, currently I am in like with my Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet. It covers a lot of ground and will dial into a lot of different amps..
      I am getting ready to get another OD pedal and I am liking the the Mad Professor Royal Blue and the new Sweet Honey Deluxe that is coming out.
      I also like the Way Huge Saucy Box and the JHS Morning Glory. So many good dirt and OD pedals on the market, It's a great time to be a pedal addict..
      Getting your tone from your amp is fantastic if you live somewhere you can crank your amp to get the tone you want.. Where I live that is not an option.
      I use moderate to low volumes and dirt boxes..

Comment

Originally posted by Shooter.556 View Post
        I have a ton of OD pedals, currently I am in like with my Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet. It covers a lot of ground and will dial into a lot of different amps..
        I am getting ready to get another OD pedal and I am liking the the Mad Professor Royal Blue and the new Sweet Honey Deluxe that is coming out.
        I also like the Way Huge Saucy Box and the JHS Morning Glory. So many good dirt and OD pedals on the market, It's a great time to be a pedal addict..
        Getting your tone from your amp is fantastic if you live somewhere you can crank your amp to get the tone you want.. Where I live that is not an option.
        I use moderate to low volumes and dirt boxes..
        Haven't tried a Royal Blue, but it looks like it would be awesome! Definitely liking the added Bass and Treble knobs on the Sweet Honey! Would love to get one someday.

A pedal I traded away and miss is the Way Huge Fat Sandwich–so much control on the tone!

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
          Haven't tried a Royal Blue, but it looks like it would be awesome! Definitely liking the added Bass and Treble knobs on the Sweet Honey! Would love to get one someday.

A pedal I traded away and miss is the Way Huge Fat Sandwich–so much control on the tone!
          Way Huge makes good stuff.. I am leaning towards the Sweet Honey Deluxe but they wont be out until April or May. I also like the added treble and bass knobs.
          My EVH puts out so much low end that it's nice to have a pedal with the ability to dial back the lows.

Comment

Way Huge makes good stuff.. I am leaning towards the Sweet Honey Deluxe but they wont be out until April or May. I also like the added treble and bass knobs.
            My EVH puts out so much low end that it's nice to have a pedal with the ability to dial back the lows.
            I've only bought one pedal brand new (a Rat 2, which I sold on CL for what I paid for it) so if the SHD comes out in April/May then it will be later this year or next year before I get one

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried a Metal Muff W/Top Boost? The high end boost on that may help you out...just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
              I've only bought one pedal brand new (a Rat 2, which I sold on CL for what I paid for it) so if the SHD comes out in April/May then it will be later this year or next year before I get one

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried a Metal Muff W/Top Boost? The high end boost on that may help you out...just a thought.
              Yeah, the Metal Muff sounds great! I don't really need high gain though with the EVH. I like low gain pedals on my clean channel for a bluesy classic rock tone.

Comment

Yeah, the Metal Muff sounds great! I don't really need high gain though with the EVH. I like low gain pedals on my clean channel for a bluesy classic rock tone.
                I see! Golden Cello would be my go to pedal for the Bluesy Rock style at low gain

Comment

I ended up getting a Joyo Sweet Baby pedal from Reverb and am waiting for it to ship now. Good choice for $25?

Comment

I ended up getting a Joyo Sweet Baby pedal from Reverb and am waiting for it to ship now. Good choice for $25?
                    I've never tried that pedal but if the Joyo US Dream I had is any indication then it should be a solid pedal for ya and awesome for the price!

Comment

Definitely. That's what I spent on mime about 3 or so years ago and it's been one of my main pedals ever since.
                      Go Packers!

Comment

Working...
                      X