NPD shapeshifter tremolo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD shapeshifter tremolo

So.......We're gonna need a bigger board.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	5840260

Been looking for a tremolo to get a nice vintage tone for 60s pop and blues. Whenever I try out a bunch of pedals I seem to end up bringing home a Seymour duncan. Their pedal line has consistently warm and defined tones and the pedals combine really well, especially the shapeshifter and vapor trail with the modulation on.

My initial thoughts on the shapeshifter - it's giving me some great tones. It has a wide range of usable tones in the more moderate settings, some great US and UK style tremolo tones and at the more extreme helicopter settings there are some tones that could come in useful for sci fi soundtracks, commercials etc. Realistically I probably won't use the more extreme settings, but they are there if needed.

I really like the tap tempo that can be set before kicking in the pedal or on the fly, and you don't need to fuss with a volume control as it automatically adds the right amount of gain as the depth is increased.

I have been using it mostly for 60s jangley pop and have been running through my favorite Wondermints tunes. So far have been really impressed.

Re: NPD shapeshifter tremolo

You have no place to fit a Catalina Chorus on there! Haha, that looks great!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      You have no place to fit a Catalina Chorus on there! Haha, that looks great!
      Tell me about it. I started by putting together a mini board with OD, drive and delay. Then the shapeshifter happened. Now they release the Catalina in that sexy blue color. Damn.

Comment

You don't happen to live in Santa Barbara, do you JimmyO?

I like the assorted colors of your pedals! I know it's all about tone and functionality, but I like a splash of color, and my board is a bit dull.
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
          You don't happen to live in Santa Barbara, do you JimmyO?

I like the assorted colors of your pedals! I know it's all about tone and functionality, but I like a splash of color, and my board is a bit dull.
          Ha ha, no, I live further south next to the San Fernando Valley, and I'm not affiliated with Seymour Duncan. I just really like their pedals and pickups. I've previously had several pedals from Wampler, MXR, Boss etc prior to trying out the newer range of SD pedals, and have kind of settled on them as my pedals of choice in terms of tone, reliability, really low noise and excellent color choices. Maybe one day they'll go back to making amplifiers..........maybe something in surf green or daphne blue..........

Comment

Cool. I would like to try the new features; they seem useful. I love my original version (though I've had reliability issues with it).
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I have to say, I really love the Vise Grip too- I know, I'm not helping...
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X