X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMENATOR
    replied
    Re: Multi FX pedals? No need of amp emulation

So I got to test the Zoom 70CDR and I think it is a good starting point on price features before going for the pricey but classy eventide H9. I will get the zoom and maybe in time I would try to by the H9. Thanks all for the suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• IMENATOR
    replied

Originally posted by aleclee View Post
    FX only? I'd give Boss a long look. Love their FX, hate their amp sims but they make a couple FX-only MFX devices.

I could not find a mutli-FX only by Boss that includes mod-dly-verb and that from the picture is like a whole pedalboard itself.

Leave a comment:

• aleclee
    replied

FX only? I'd give Boss a long look. Love their FX, hate their amp sims but they make a couple FX-only MFX devices.

Leave a comment:

• IMENATOR
    replied

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Well, there is the Line6 M5 too, which is smaller than the M9, with 1 effect at a time. It sounds good for all that it does. Many people use them for a spare effect here and there.
    Hey thanks Mincer, this one looks more suitable to both my pedal board space and budget. Will listen to some demos.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

Well, there is the Line6 M5 too, which is smaller than the M9, with 1 effect at a time. It sounds good for all that it does. Many people use them for a spare effect here and there.

Leave a comment:

• IMENATOR
    replied

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
    Digitech iStomp, but it does just 1 effect at a time & i think they gave away all the paid effects for it for free download a year or two back. The zoom ms70cdr has some unique effects over the G3 but live use was a pain until that midi via usb thing was made for it unofficially. Zoom support ain't gonna help answering much about it & would recommend the higher priced units instead.
    I know, I called them to get the some info, you know like understanding what can be done and what can't be done, so it sounds like that midi thing is there for some reason they don't explain (maybe firmward update?) and if you wana try a midi contrller with it you are on your own. I think if they made an optional model with midi with not to much price increase would be a top seller.

Leave a comment:

• Hank-
    replied

Digitech iStomp, but it does just 1 effect at a time & i think they gave away all the paid effects for it for free download a year or two back. The zoom ms70cdr has some unique effects over the G3 but live use was a pain until that midi via usb thing was made for it unofficially. Zoom support ain't gonna help answering much about it & would recommend the higher priced units instead.

Leave a comment:

• IMENATOR
    replied

Originally posted by Lampy H View Post
    Eventide H9 is my first thought.
    Thanks, this one looks interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Lampy H
    replied

Eventide H9 is my first thought.

Leave a comment:

• devastone
    replied

You can do that in the Zoom G3, you can also program duplicates of the same effect in the same patch, at least until you run out of processing power. So you could have a long delay and a short delay in the same patch. With the V2 firmware you also have 6 effects per patch, not 3, and you can still control them with the 3 buttons in pedalboard mode, you hit the middle and left button to move left through the chain, middle and right to move right through the chain.

The one thing I wish it had was a way to do the 4CM, I actually like most modulation effects in front and delays and reverbs in the loop. It has a sweet Univibe model that I really wish I could put in front of my preamp...

Leave a comment:

• treyhaislip
    replied

Haven't used a Zoom product in quite some time but I always could get great tones out of their stuff.

I know the Line 6 stuff I had you could turn off the cab simulations but I don't know about the amp simulations itself.

Leave a comment:

• devastone
    replied

I've used the Zoom G3 for this too, works well, just write your own programs without any amp emulations.

Leave a comment:

• IMENATOR
    replied

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Line 6 M9 works, and you get a lot more. You can go much more high-dollar, and look at the Fractal FX8, which is sort of the king of multi-effects.
    That looks like a fine piece of equipement but it won't fit my pedalboard where my preamp is already there with a couple of overdrivers, wha and Decimator.

I just found the Zoom MS-70DCR can be controlled thru Uusb-Midi, even Disaster Area Designs do sell a small controller that they advertise it can work with it but the product documentation does not mention anything about that port for MIDI. I am asking Zoom thru e-mail more about this but if that works that is gonna be my choise as the pedal is small and is more like what I am looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

Line 6 M9 works, and you get a lot more. You can go much more high-dollar, and look at the Fractal FX8, which is sort of the king of multi-effects.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied

my GNX pedal has a "Pedal Board" setting
    where it just acts as a pedal board
    the five front switches just turn on and off effects

Leave a comment:

Working...
X