Power brick input ratings? New 1 spot pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power brick input ratings? New 1 spot pro

I have a question.. Obviously, I know the diff in outputs for the pedals as far as 9volts vs 18. But when looking at the markings on the brick, some of the jacks say 9v 100 ma, 9v 200 ma, 500 ma and 800ma. What does the x00 ma rating mean? I assumed if a pedal takes a 9v connection, you use one of those instead of obviously the 18. But how do you know which of the MA ratings needs used?

For my second board, I was going to buy another Donner unit like I have on my first board, but except for the price, Im REALLY loving the look of the new 1 spot pro units. PLUS... they actually have a cord, and now some dinky little adapter cord.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Power brick input ratings? New 1 spot pro

That number is the maximum current that each output can supply. Each pedal should have a current draw requirement, sometimes they are explicitly labeled on the underside, sometimes you need to look online. The majority of analog pedals are far lower than 100ma, it's digital pedals that start to reach those higher requirements. Once you get into the big box Strymons and Eventides that's when you see requirements of 350ma+.

Additionally, if you plan on daisy chaining from an output (say three analog drive pedals) simply add the current requirements of the three pedals and as long as that is less than the rating of the individual output, you are good.

If you are using each output for a dedicated pedal, just make sure that the maximum current draw for the pedal is less than the maximum current rating of the power supply channel you are plugging it into.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

ok, got it! Thanks for the very clear breakdown! So for example, my Phase 90 has a 5ma current draw, I could use any of the 9v ports for ??
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Correct!
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Hey Jol. The One Spot Pros are a little different. According to Truetone, you can actually exceed the listed current draw of an outlet. You just have to make sure not to exceed the total current draw listed on the supply. In other words, don't go beyond the total of adding up all the ma numbers listed on the different outlets. So, if you ended up needing to run a 200ma rated pedal on a 100ma outlet, you would be fine as long as all of your pedals don't exceed the total rating of the supply.

This video from Truetone explains it ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q0YrwWhR_Y

Comment

Working...
          X