Pedals for fattening sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedals for fattening sound

Go stereo! Listen to guitar/bass/drum bands, and hear how they do it- Sabbath still sounds amazingly heavy live. Tune lower, use a fatter tone, adjust your technique (or learn some new ones), and carve your own path. Play with non-rhythmic noisy loops in the background. Tell the bass player to listen to more Geezer. This isn't your responsibility alone.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      This isn't your responsibility alone.

Very true. Everyone in the band needs to help make a fuller sound.
      "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
      "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
      "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

I say hit the strings harder, hit more notes in your power chords, more midrange, less gain, and more punch. Also, power chords on a bass are way fat. That really helps as well. I've had great results doing these things, and got a programmable looper to play rythym parts under a solo.

It's tough to switch from playing off of somebody else to just playing by yourself as a guitar player, especially if you have never been a part of a 3 piece. It's not so much about cutting through the mix as it is filling space. Maybe think about tuning even lower, to b or a#.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
        Last edited by InbredJunk; 03-17-2016, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X