• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probo_squad_henry
    replied
    Re: Chorus for metal

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
    I actually really like my MXR MICRO CHORUS for metal tones, it's got a bit a a volume bump when you hit it but they sound terrific & they are relatively cheap too....
    I forgot about that one, now that you mention it I'll definitely check it out. I think Rob Caggiano used one, or at least used to

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
    RG100 you say eh? I think an OD would be a waste of your time tbh. Overdrives really shine in front of tube amps as they 'slam' them and behave differently then when slamming a SS head..
    I used a DOD 250 with my Randell SS loved it

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgic Distortion
    replied

I actually really like my MXR MICRO CHORUS for metal tones, it's got a bit a a volume bump when you hit it but they sound terrific & they are relatively cheap too....

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Get an old Boss SC-1 off ebay. It will handle all of your metal chorus needs.

Leave a comment:

• probo_squad_henry
    replied

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
    RG100 you say eh? I think an OD would be a waste of your time tbh.
    Not an old RG, its the new 1003H one...I wish I had an old one though, they're beasts! And I'll definitely keep that in mind. My friend is a gear nut, I'll try to borrow a few ODs from him to see how they sound before buying one.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy Diamond
    replied

I use the Yellow 18volt Mxr big giant thing. (who the hell knows what the numbers are)

I use it in my loop but another bonus side effect of distorted chorus is that your WAH will also react differently and be more pronounced.

Start with the classic 10 and 2 position and work your way from there.

Leave a comment:

• Kamanda~SD
    replied

RG100 you say eh? I think an OD would be a waste of your time tbh. Overdrives really shine in front of tube amps as they 'slam' them and behave differently then when slamming a SS head. Also, they're usually used to tighten up the tone ratehr than 'fatten' in a metal context. See if you can try any infront of yours though...maybe it IS what you are looking for!

Also, I use a BOSS CH-1 on my board infront of my amp sometimes in the distorted realm...its also what Alexi is using (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5BjFlmXHzM) 8:30ish for the chorus part. Zakk used a CE-5 for the longest time.

Leave a comment:

• probo_squad_henry
    replied

Thanks for the help! I'm also going to be getting an overdrive to thicken my tone soon (they look cheaper than the chorus so I'll probably get it first), is the EHX East River Drive a good bet? I've heard its basically a true bypass TS808, but I haven't seen any reviews of it for my style of music (metal).

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    Guest replied

I used to use an Ibanez CS5 for that; it was the chorus that I had, and it did the trick.

Leave a comment:

• dazedandconfused001
    replied

i use a danelectro fab chorus, it does what i want for only $14 gets the job done.

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied

Cheap 'n nasty :

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 03-16-2016, 01:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny the Kid
    replied

I'm partial to the EH Small Clone. Killer pedal and usually at a great price. EH stuff is always super cheap used. I got a Russian Small Stone Phaser for like $50 one time.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied

I use an Ibanez CS9 for my metal tones.

Leave a comment:

• Lampy H
    replied

I'd look into the Digitech Luxe. I've watched a ton of videos on that one lately, and it seems great for this application.

Leave a comment:

• ThisDyingSoul76
    replied

TrueTone's H2O. You'd even get a nice analog delay too. There's also their pre-name change Visual Sound V2 series H2O or Liquid Chorus on the used market.

The Boss chorus pedals are nice, especially if you can find one of the vintage Japanese ones... Actually, any of the chorus pedals you mentioned would do great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X