Does this effect exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this effect exist?

Does anyone know of an effect where multiple parameters are assigned to an expression pedal at the same time? For example, something that controls both pitch (like a whammy) and tone (like a wah)? I found that I really like the sound of working both pedals in unison, and I wondered if there's an effect that puts them on the same foot pedal.

What would be really cool, I think, is a foot pedal that also has three on-off switches for volume, pitch, and wah effects, so you could use it as any one of the three or as any combination of them.

Re: Does this effect exist?

The closest thing I know of that resembles what you are talking about is Source Audio Reflex Universal Expression Controller. I is on my GAS list making its way to the top. You would need external pedals to control with it.

Comment

Thats super cool
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Mission Engineering made the SP-2 (I use one) that has a wah switch underneath the treadle. It has 2 outputs, so you can select which 'channel' you want to control. It has an LED so you know what channel you are on. The power is only needed if you want to power the LED. I've looked at the Reflex, but man, that is a lot of money for something that doesn't make any sound itself.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I think I understand the effect you are going for. Kind of a combo of what Steve Vai does at the end of For the Love of God live (volume and whammy bar) and the interlude of Schism (whammy pedal and volume knob roll, maybe envelope filter)

Almost seems like you'd want:
          -Expression pedal
          -Effect that accepts expression pedal AND transmits MIDI
          -Effect that accepts MIDI

Example:
          Expression pedal into H9 (or Modfactor), set to control filter frequency AND patch volume, AND transmit patch volume as MIDI value, into Whammy (or H9 or Pitchfactor) MIDI in.

I know the Eventide pedals and Whammy V can track based on MIDI expression value, we'd need confirmation from Securb if the H9 can transmit MIDI expression value or if it's just pass through.

If it's only pass through, you'd need some way to generate MIDI expression value from a pedal.

Of course you could just do the Tim Commerford:
          Last edited by PFDarkside; 03-23-2016, 11:53 AM.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Mission Engineering made the SP-2 (I use one) that has a wah switch underneath the treadle. It has 2 outputs, so you can select which 'channel' you want to control. It has an LED so you know what channel you are on. The power is only needed if you want to power the LED. I've looked at the Reflex, but man, that is a lot of money for something that doesn't make any sound itself.
            Source Audio makes a dual expression pedal like the SP-2 for $100. The Reflex does a little more than act just as a triple expression pedal. The user can set scenes and change waveforms. The midi capabilities are also cool.

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            I know the Eventide pedals and Whammy V can track based on MIDI expression value, we'd need confirmation from Securb if the H9 can transmit MIDI expression value or if it's just pass through.
            Yes, it will transmit the midi value. There are a lot of guys out there daisy chaining H9 and doing a whole bunch of cool things with them. If I was to do this I would definitely go with the Reflex. I am actually getting ready to pick one up. I will probably use it on the H9, MOOG Clusterflux and my TWA Triskelion.

Comment

Sounds freaking amazing. Also sounds like the plan I outlined above would work... For some cash.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The zoom g5 will do it, if your into modeling

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Does BOSS FV-500L work for this as well? It's said "dual expression pedal".

Comment

The tyecobrahe parapedal was a wah and a phaser in one housing with both effects controlled in unison and made (mostly) famous by Toni Iommi.

You can find faithful recreations at http://chicagoiron.com/

You can wah and phase at the same time and nobody gets hurt.

\m/,
                    For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

1) Does BOSS FV-500L work for this as well? It's said "dual expression pedal". ?

2) Does It work If I use different effects (both linked to dual expression pedal) in different times (not at the same time)?

For example Octave With Expression when Octave is on, tremolo is off.

Another time tremolo with expression when tremolo is on, octave is on.

Comment

Originally posted by zanshin777 View Post
                        1) Does BOSS FV-500L work for this as well? It's said "dual expression pedal". ?

2) Does It work If I use different effects (both linked to dual expression pedal) in different times (not at the same time)?

For example Octave With Expression when Octave is on, tremolo is off.

Another time tremolo with expression when tremolo is on, octave is on.
                        The pedal will not toggle the effects on and off, it would be up to you to turn on the individual effects. If both are on it will control both, if one is on it will control one.

Comment

It's interesting that the website (BOSSUS) doesn't mention this feature (dual expression feature).

There are 2 inputs, 2 outputs and expression.

Where do I connect Octave and Tremolo? (there is just single expression input?!)

Comment

Sorry I though the BOSS was a dual expression, it is not. It does volume and exp. I would suggest the Source Audio or the Mission Engineering SP-2 Mincer suggested. Both will control two devices and are more budget freindly than the Reflex. Though the Reflex is still on my short list.

All One Series Soundblox 2 Utility Pedals ​Legacy Products

Comment

Working...
                            X