banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBE Mind Bender = noisy as hell. Any fixes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBE Mind Bender = noisy as hell. Any fixes?

I'm currently using a BBE Mind Bender as a chorus pedal, and I like the basic sound but it's noisy as hell when I'm playing on the OD channels of my amp. Any good mods or fixes out there for it to improve overall sound or noise levels?

I googled but didn't find much. :/

Re: BBE Mind Bender = noisy as hell. Any fixes?

Are you using using it in the fx loop? Battery or power supply? And are you using the factory wall wart or another unit?

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
      Are you using using it in the fx loop? Battery or power supply? And are you using the factory wall wart or another unit?

Bill
      In front of the amp, after my dirt pedal. Voodoo Labs PP2+ for power.

I haven't been able to find any suggested mods or even a schematic online.

Comment

How about putting it before?

Comment

Is it one of the new ones in the plain box, or the previous version in the box with swirly blue graphics?
          I wonder if they lowered the input gain to cure the problem with the guitar signal distorting the pedal, and in so doing of course raised the noise floor.
          "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
          Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
          guitar pic site
          Original prog rock on soundcloud
          Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
          Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post

Bill
            If you have one I'd definitely try it through the loop!!! I had a similar problem with a delay pedal years ago and running through the loop was the answer, could be the fix your looking for???
            I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
              How about putting it before?
              Before the dirstbox? I'll try it.

Originally posted by Kosh Naranek View Post
              Is it one of the new ones in the plain box, or the previous version in the box with swirly blue graphics?
              I wonder if they lowered the input gain to cure the problem with the guitar signal distorting the pedal, and in so doing of course raised the noise floor.
              The older version.

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
              If you have one I'd definitely try it through the loop!!! I had a similar problem with a delay pedal years ago and running through the loop was the answer, could be the fix your looking for???
              I'll check that out too. I'm going for the specific tone that results from it being in front of the amp, but if running it in the loop solves the issue, so be it. :/

BBE is like a 1/2 hour drive from me, I wonder if they could do something about it.

Comment

Might be worth a trip. The BBE pedals I have are very quiet.

Try it with a battery; try a different power cord from your P/S; try a different output jack on the P/S; try a different P/S.

Bill
                When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
                X