banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fractal Audio AX8 - Since Dave brought it up ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fractal Audio AX8 - Since Dave brought it up ...

I have more than a few pedals that I don't like that are reasonably popular. I could sell some and afford something as extravagent as a Fractal AX8.

I have alread skimmed through the manual and know I would be lost trying to do any deep editing, but the sounds demos I've heard are very impressive.

Does anyone have hands on, personal experience with this particular AMP/Effects modeler? I am not interested in it's rack mounted brethren. I would also be interested in anyone's comparison of it with a Line 6 HD whatever.

Anyone? Mincer, do you think anyone here besides me could benefit from your experience?

I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Re: Fractal Audio AX8 - Since Dave brought it up ...

Well, the computer editor makes things really easy to edit, and there is a really good forum (and customer service) over at Fractal. I haven't had mine super long, but I might be able to answer some questions. I will say they come out with updates really often, either to fix bugs or offer new functionality and amp & effects models.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Re: Fractal Audio AX8 - Since Dave brought it up ...

I have already decided that I will pull the trigger when my name comes up on the list.
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Working...
      X