Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The coolest Boss pedals

Originally posted by dominus View Post
    Was not impressed with the Power Stack at all. VERY noisy at the maximum gain setting (which is where I wanted to use it.)
    Just like a real…..I won't say it.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      Just like a real…..I won't say it.
      I've run lots of amps with lots of gain. They were still usable. The Power Stack has a reputation for being noisy.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Tried some more expensive pedals and had to go back to the DD-20, it has some tricks I depend on that nothing else does.
        I am interested in seeing if the DD-500 can deliver the goods.
        I use a Retro-Sound CE-1 clone because my BOSS CE-1 won't do 9V adapter and takes up a lot of space on the board.

Favorite BOSS pedals:
        #1 CE-1 Chorus Ensemble
        DD-20 Delay
        DD-3 Delay
        DC-2 Dimension-C
        PS-3 & PS-6 Shifters
        CE-2 Chorus
        BF-2 Flanger because she sells sanctuary
        Old SD-1 (think I like these better than the TS. Some time I have to try the original overdrive the pre TS the BOSS OD-1)
        old DS-1 is good too but I like the RAT better for that kind of sound
        Last edited by CountFeedback; 04-21-2016, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Id be interested in how the DD-500 compares with the DD-20. The DD-20 is a really cool delay pedal that had some really new ideas. I love having 20 seconds of delay.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I like my FB-2 Feedbacker/Sustainer.

Not quite the same as a Fernandes or Sustainiac, but there are some interesting things that it can do, such as sustaining in a "Cocked Wah" kind of sound if set properly.

I still want a Sustainiac, but this is a "reasonable" alternative if budget is the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Id be interested in how the DD-500 compares with the DD-20. The DD-20 is a really cool delay pedal that had some really new ideas. I love having 20 seconds of delay.
              I played a DD20 for a looooong time before getting my DD500. Sell your DD20 and get a 500. It's better in every way, both sonically and in terms of user experience. All of the things I liked about the DD20 didn't just get retained, they got better.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoTrousers View Post
                The Terra Echo is intense! I don't own one, but used one several times, and it's on my wish list. Their new switching system is fantastic. And a shout-out to my favorite, the TR-2 Tremolo. Fantastic bit of kit.
                I own a Tera Echo, best purchase ever! I just need the multi-overtone and that should sort my board out..
                Gear
                Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
                Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
                Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
                Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
                Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
                Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Comment

Working...
                X